Door-to-door Callers in SE23

Our friends at MoneySavingExpert have created a “no cold calling” sign which you can print off with variants for charity and/or religious groups.

Lewisham council also has one.

I might order this one.

Many councils appear to support the creation of No Cold Calling Zones. I don’t think Lewisham Council does.

that Lewisham “No Thanks” one looks like it’s giving the middle finger salute - crude but effective

Today had a lad on the doorstep flogging cleaning supplies - apparently as part of a youth offender’s rehab programme.

Last time, I asked for details of the programme and was called a “time-waster”.

This is a well-known scam and the poor kids going door-to-door are often under coercion. Might be worth flagging to @SgtBiddle if these guys are working the area.

Some bad feeling on here for what to me sounds like basic logic. We are today inundated with ways to donate to charity, so door-to-door visits from people brandishing bank details forms are understandably less successful and less trustworthy than in years gone by. There’s no way to guarantee someone tipping up at your door is legitimate. And I’m roiling at the accusation that people who don’t want the interruption/awkwardness/potential aggression caused by turning away a D2D caller are “cold-hearted”. I choose my charities and donate when I can in ways I can control.