Archived on 6/5/2022

Eat in Chinese restaurant?

fran
5 Feb '22

Any recommendations for a great Chinese restaurant where you can eat in? Thank you!

AmandaSE23
5 Feb '22

What style of Chinese are you looking for?

fran
5 Feb '22

I don’t really mind! The kids have been learning about Chinese New Year and want to celebrate and I can’t be bothered to go to Chinatown tomorrow :grinning: so looking for something local.

Audrey_Finch
5 Feb '22

Tse’s on London road is the most fun looking locally to eat in (water features etc), but Silk Road in Camberwell is leagues above anything else in South London imo. They do really throw the chillies in though…

AmandaSE23
5 Feb '22

Tea house deptford high street for dim sum

HannahM
5 Feb '22

Yep Silk Road in Camberwell is great, the Big Plate Chicken is wonderful. The restaurant itself is very basic canteen style though.

No idea about the food but 148 on Lordship Lane is all decorated for Chinese New Year.

AmandaSE23
5 Feb '22

We went to 148 a year ago maybe, absolute standard British Chinese - lemon chicken, sweet and sour, all fine but it won’t blow your mind!

Flora_Noris
6 Feb '22

It’s not so local, but Jin Jiang in Deptford has been a favourite of mine for years. Amazing food. They do have a limited reach on Deliveroo to SE23 but worth giving a go.

James_Todd
6 Feb '22

Is or was the Fu House a sit in restaurant? I love their takeaway food but whenever I walk past it looks like the dining area doesn’t look like it’s setup for dine in.

Brett
7 Feb '22

Couldn’t agree more re Jin Jiang, the food is fabulous. What is it like to sit in though? Not the most salubrious of locations.

Flora_Noris
8 Feb '22

Have to say I’ve never been in, purely delivery after trying it a family member’s house.

Dave
8 Feb '22

Ate in at Jin Jiang a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely fine and lovely to get food straight from the kitchen.

Bydgcharlie
8 Feb '22

Tianjin Dumpling inside Market Place in Peckham is worth a visit for xiaolongbao and zhajiangmian. Good value too!