Archived on 6/5/2022

Eat Out to Help Out

CharlieP
3 Aug '20

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any good tip-offs for local restaurants participating in the govt “Eat Out to Help Out” scheme?

I’ve just moved to the area with my girlfriend Ros and thought it’d be a great way to affordable explore what’s on offer.

Thanks!
Charlie

ChrisR
3 Aug '20

This government website lists many of the participating local restaurants already mentioned in the forum’s #dining-and-drinking category:

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/eat-out-to-help-out/find-a-restaurant/?_ga=2.267713037.281645128.1596448065-509593838.1577534733

jonfrewin
3 Aug '20

Babur have a really nice lunch meal deal at the moment, which consists of choosing two main dishes from a selection of ten or so, which comes with a side of naan and black lentil dal, for £13.50. It’s available lunchtimes Mon-Sat, and qualifies for the half-price deal Mon-Wed, as far as I’m aware.

ThorNogson
3 Aug '20

Babur has installed a large marquee next to the restaurant, just cleaning the carpet today and will open tomorrow. Very light and airy inside and one whole side is open, so very similar to eating outside. Looks a great solution for those who would prefer not to eat inside.
And yes it is in the govt eat out scheme too.

jonfrewin
3 Aug '20

Agreed - this was open on Saturday and was where we ate.

CharlieP
3 Aug '20

Thanks everyone!

Seems lots of places quite booked up this evening, and many only open during the day, so would recommend booking in advance to anyone interested.

anon42599523
6 Aug '20

My boyfriend and I walked into Canvas and Cream for a late lunch on Monday (no booking) and got seated straight away. They are a favourite of ours. They are a part of the scheme and also have a nice new lunch menu which I really enjoyed.

Oddbob
6 Aug '20

You can check which places have signed up to eat out to help out here

Lots of local faves such as chandos, mama dough, Donde, two spoons are on here.

Went to Sushi Garden last night (not on the scheme but joining soon apparently). Was absolutely wonderful!

ForestHull
6 Aug '20

That’s a good page. Most, but not all, local places seem to be listed.

From that page theres a good explanation of how it works, noting it’s Mon - Weds only: