Archived on 6/5/2022

Elachi SE23

FATIMA
10 Apr '19

Hello everyone,

For all those wondering when the new “Elachi” will open. I Would like to inform you we, along with the previous owner have taken over the old Dewanian building and re naming it Elachi SE23. It will still serve curries but under new management so will be slightly different but we still have the favourites on the menu… We will no longer be serving alcohol but will allow you to bring your own with a small corkage charge… Hope that’s a new concept you all will be excited about!
If you would like to keep up to date with the works and opening please follow us on Instagram under elachi__SE23 we will be announcing when the grande opening will take place… At the moment we are still undergoing works but hope to open within the next 2 months.

We look forward to seeing you all there when we do open…

Fatima

Nivag
10 Apr '19

The Instagram link

maggie2016
10 Apr '19

Drain problems at the site of elachi what sort of problems

FATIMA
11 Apr '19

Hi Maggie,
Not sure as that building was on lease, it did not belong to the owner of the old Elachi.

Thank you

Lorraine_Charleswort
13 Oct '19

Any more news on the progress and whether it’s still going ahead?

Twitter
3 Feb '20
Foresthillnick
3 Feb '20

Seems to have been in Limbo for a long time…

wmorgan1
6 May '21

Work going on in there yesterday.

wmorgan1
21 Sep '21

New chairs and tables gone in.

Apparently opening next month.

Saara
24 Nov '21

Who else is looking forward to the new ElachiSe23 restaurant?

Zoe_Webb
24 Nov '21

I am, I have been following them for many years and hopes the new Elachi lives up to expectations.

Saara
24 Nov '21

Zoe you won’t be disappointed amazing food coming soon.

Saara
24 Nov '21

tonyf
30 Nov '21

All very tempting and teasing. Is there a date for opening?

Saara
10 Dec '21

We are now open, hope to see you there soon😊

Saara
10 Dec '21

Thank you all for your patience we are now open, look forward to seeing everyone😊

Moth
10 Dec '21

Hope the launch goes really well and can’t wait to visit! Saara where can I find the menu?

Ryan
10 Dec '21

Just walked past. Looking good

FATIMA
10 Dec '21

Hi Lorraine,
After a very long journey, we are pleased to announce that Elachi SE23 is now open!!! Hope to see you there soon…
ELACHI SE23

FATIMA
10 Dec '21

Hi,
We are pleased to announce that Elachi SE23 is now open…!

ELACHI SE23

Saara
11 Dec '21

Cherryblossom
11 Dec '21

Do you do real Indian chai?

Cherryblossom
11 Dec '21

It’s looking good and we will definitely come for dinner soon

Dave
12 Dec '21

We went for dinner tonight and the new Elachi is great. Friendly and welcoming service, fabulous food and decent prices. Great to have a restaurant back in that location.

maggie2016
13 Dec '21

What are the opening hours please

Saara
13 Dec '21

Hi Maggie

Our opening hours are Mon-Sunday
5:30-11pm. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Saara
13 Dec '21

Thank you for your kind words Dave.

Saara
13 Dec '21

Hi we do an amazing Indian Masala Tea.

Scorpion
13 Dec '21

Hello,

Congratulations and welcome!

Have you please got a photo of the menu with price list alongside dishes/items?

Thank you, in advance.
Regards

Sue

GotDeletedOnce
13 Dec '21

Menu looks great. Will be popping down asap.

starman
13 Dec '21

Are you using any delivery services?

Saara
13 Dec '21

Please find our soft launch menu. Thanks

Saara
13 Dec '21

Hi we are currently focusing on dine in and collection only. Take away will be at a later stage😊

maggie2016
15 Dec '21

Can I come in to restaurant and order for to take away

tonyf
16 Dec '21

Popped in last night, food was excellent some old favourites from the original Elachi, and new menu items as well. Service and welcome were very good, slightly disappointed on the no alcohol policy but otherwise great. We will be back.

Saara
16 Dec '21

Thank you Tony for the feedback, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Lorraine_Charleswort
24 Dec '21

I’m so pleased to hear that you’ve opened- that’s made my year! I noticed that one comment made was that you don’t sell alcohol- Is it possible to bring your own?

Saara
10 Jan '22

Hi Lorraine we do not have that policy at the moment however we have some amazing alternative beers wines etc and off course delicious dishes😊

Lorraine_Charleswort
11 Jan '22

Really sad that it’s a no alcohol restaurant. It’s always been a family tradition to go for a curry for birthdays and on new year’s eve and to not share a bottle of wine just wouldn’t feel right. I have tried many non alcoholic alternatives and they are a very poor and often expensive substitute. Best wishes and thanks for getting back to me.

lighthouse
13 Jan '22

A friend and I went for dinner last night and it was delish! And now have plenty leftover for today’s lunch. Also, very good service. We ordered a handful of dishes to taste a few things.

I would suggest the restaurant updates their google listing because they have the old address and it says they are permanently closed. This might confuse or put people off if they think the restaurant isn’t even open. They could also add their website in the listing so people know their open for business!

Saara
13 Jan '22

Thank you for your kind words, we are in the process of having our website completed soon. Will keep everyone posted😊

Saara
1 Feb '22

Come on down to Elachi Se23 on Stanstead Road for some amazing dishes👌