El'Choppo - new butchers coming to Brockley Rise, Honor Oak

Looks like a butchers is going to be opening on the site of the old KS2 Kebab place on Brockley Rise on the other side of the road from Querce restaurant.

3 Likes

Hmmmm. A bit near the Proud Sow for my liking. Hopefully there is enough business for them both as we have such a good experience with PS.

Proud Sow
The Butchery
Heckstall & Smith
Kim Libretto
Billing’s
William Rose
W H Wellbeloved
Dugard & Daughters

Ok some are a little out of “local” but we must be the best served population for butchers just about anywhere…

8 Likes

Agreed @Pea - we’ve used PS a lot and always good, it was my first thought when I passed the new one. In effect this means we will have a butcher for Forest Hill, Crofton Park and Honor Oak - as well as all the others on @Foresthillnick 's list, some of which I’d not heard of!

Proud Sow is about 20 mins away for a lot of Honor Oak (including myself) so I don’t think it will be too close a competitor. Hopefully this new one will be good!

1 Like

Glad W H Wellbeloved gets a mention. My absolute first choice for meat. And his pies are terrific - you sometimes get them warm and the gravy is delicious.

Agreed, the pies are delicious 4/£8. Get some when going nearby or sometimes make a special detour. Mmmm

1 Like

This place is open now! 9-6 from what I can see on the signs. No queues. Worth taking a look if your are local

1 Like

I wish we had a decent fishmonger and fruit and veg shop!

3 Likes

I popped in here today; guys were lovely and they have tons of food. Also said they are doing free local deliveries to vulnerable people.

3 Likes

Just told my husband & he is going to pop over there in the week. Not sure what or how much he will come back with…:rofl:

1 Like

We have Billings still, as far as I know.

And just a few doors from Billings we have Fresh & Fruity.

As far as I know both are still open.

1 Like

Do these guys stock anything else apart from meat…

Its actually a bit far for me as I live near the Horniman and tend to walk to Lordship lane.
I always forget Sydenham high st but may have a tootle there next week on my daily walk

1 Like