Archived on 6/5/2022

Election 2017 Candidates - John Russell (Lib Dem)

Pauline
17 May '17

Just putting this leaflet the right way round.

I will post any others leaflets as and when I get them :slight_smile:

Pauline
17 May '17

Am I allowed to say I am supporting @JohnRussell all the way on this Snap Election?

Our community will be a much better place with him as our MP!

AndyS
18 May '17

And you’re okay with the Brexit thing.

Does that leaflet say he’s lived in south London for ‘XX years’???

Pauline
18 May '17

I have said all along the one thing myself & John disagree with is Brexit. I voted to leave the EU & he is big on staying. But I agree with all his other policies. So for these reasons I’m backing him all the way & I can’t think of anyone else that will do our community justice #John4London all the way

ETA he & his family have lived in FH for at least 15 yrs :slight_smile:

AndyS
18 May '17

I saw that bit - but his leaflet seems to say he’s lived in south London for “XX years”. Editor required?

Michael
18 May '17

Possibly that is accurate but the editor is Roman :grinning:

Pauline
19 May '17

Ha @AndyS just saw what you meant, It’s a good typo though XX

Pauline
21 May '17

I’m gunning for my friend as I know he will do our community justice.

Michael
27 May '17

John Russell has walked 11 miles around Sydenham in a day!

Pauline
27 May '17

That doesn’t surprise me at all, I remember he done the SW Coast path walk a few years ago (took him a month I think) & raised over 5k for http://www.widehorizons.org.uk/# where he is the chair of the board of directors - Wide Horizons does a lot for local School kids :+1:

BringOutTheCranston
27 May '17

His is the only leaflet I’ve received so far.

Pauline
27 May '17

He’s on the ball :+1:

BringOutTheCranston
27 May '17

Question is whether people will have forgiven the LDs for joining the coalition. They came 4th last time. It’ll also be interesting to see where the nigh on 4k votes UKIP got last time go.

Pauline
27 May '17

I think he might get some of the “Green Party” votes this time as he’s big on this also.

Will be interesting to see what happens re UKIP votes.

ETA There is a UKIP candidate.

weepy
28 May '17

His Brexit position gets my vote :slight_smile: The Labour candidate says only that she’ll vote against Hard Brexit …

Pauline
28 May '17

Done an interview today for the Lib Dems website on what I think is important for FH & SE23 :community wise :slight_smile:

Pauline
30 May '17

Makes a lot of sense to me!

Pauline
20 May '17

Where has my post gone @moderators it was genuine.

anon5422159
20 May '17

I can’t see any posts that have been removed?

Pauline
20 May '17

Probably just automatically moved down then, thanks for the clarity Chris :+1:

starman
20 May '17

Please post the link when you have it.

Pauline
20 May '17

It was my post above Jason, I’m concerned & big on kids education, it seemed to disappear for a mo :slight_smile:

anon5422159
20 May '17

To all members - please do not bump a topic repeatedly - especially not for the sake of your favourite election candidate.

I “unbumped” this topic earlier (hence the confusion, @Pauline and @Starman), and will do so again now. No posts have been or will be deleted. If there are further bumps on this topic this evening I will close it until tomorrow morning.

Pauline
20 May '17

Got it, I get why the post disappeared as it was classed as bumping by me & not @starman but don’t get why I bumped this as I’m genuinely big on supporting kids education?

anon5422159
20 May '17

It’s great that you’re into kids education. I don’t think you’re alone in that regard.

Our guidelines on bumping have been clarified several times now. Being fair on the election topics means promoting genuine discussion and avoiding individuals repeatedly flag-waving for their favourite candidates. If we allowed this it would be chaotic.

anon5422159
19 May '17
Pauline
21 May '17

Here’s my interview :slight_smile:

https://lewishamlibdems.org.uk/2017/05/20/why-forest-hills-pauline-wright-is-backing-john-russell/

Graham_Hill
22 May '17

Just for information about Lib Dem candidate

starman
29 May '17

I know. So cool that someone from an illustrious backround and family has a strong sense of civic duty and commitment to the community. A role model for us all.