Archived on 6/5/2022

Empty Beer Cans Wanted… Seriously!

DavidCultCans
9 Mar '18

Hi everyone… I’m new to the area (Honor Oak), just moved from Coventry. Loving it so far, apart from the Great Water Crisis ™ of earlier this week!

Strange request, I know, but I’m in constant need of empty/used beer cans for my ongoing art/craft business. I won’t mention the name in case that contravenes forum rules, but if you search ‘beer can lantern’ on line then you’ll see what I do.

I’m on the lookout for empty 500ml beer cans, they need to be in great condition with no dents etc, so I can transform them into pieces of art. Specifically I’d like Kronenbourg, Budweiser & Grolsch cans, and also Guinness Draught & Strongbow.

Here’s a pic of South London’s finest so you can see what I mean.

Hopefully this all makes sense and there will be a few drinkers out there who’d like to see their empty cans go to good use… Cheers!

David. :slight_smile:

anon5422159
9 Mar '18

Very unique art there - what a talent!

Welcome to Honor Oak (and to SE23.life), David :+1:

Regarding posting about your business, all local businesses are welcome to create a topic introducing themselves to our members (include name, links, pictures etc). There’s no charge for this. Also, no charge to reply to any mentions of your business around the forum.

To create another topic about your business, we charge a small fee. Those topics are pinned to the top of the homepage for four days.

Details here if you or anyone is interested: se23.life/advertise.

As of last week, SE23.life takes card payment online and instantly pins your topic, do give it a whirl! :hugs:

DavidCultCans
10 Mar '18

Cheers Chris! My post wasn’t really an attempt to advertise my business, but just to explain why I need used cans (which seems like an odd request without telling people why!)

Thanks for the info, though, I’ll look into it. All the best,

David.

clausy
10 Mar '18

I’m sure I can help with this :crazy_face:

Greku69
11 Mar '18

Unfortunately I only drink bottle beer… otherwise I will have quite a few :slight_smile:

DavidCultCans
12 Mar '18

Cheers Clausy! Let me know if you do save some cans and if so, where I could collect from. :beer:

applespider
12 Mar '18

I’ve got quite a few canned beers (in interesting designs) but they are pretty much all 330s rather than 500s. If you ever downsize your designs, let me know.

DavidCultCans
14 Mar '18

Hi, thanks for the offer! I occasionally use 330s for bespoke stuff, if you have a bunch saved that would only be thrown away then I’d be interested. If you can message me your postcode I’ll see how easy collection would be. Cheers!