Estate Agent Recommendations

I have used Sebastian Roche at Honor Oak and they have been vey nice and helpful. Did a good job and not at all pushy or annoying, but i am sure others have had different experiences of them.

2 Likes

Another rec for Stanfords. Bought my first property with them and they were great, hassle free and polite. Friend has just sold his through them and has had similar positive experience .

3 Likes

I’d recommend Pickwicks , we’ve just sold with them. They sold our place within a week and were competively priced compared to others like Pedder, Winksworth, KFH etc.

Paolo who came and did the valuation was really friendly and down to earth, didn’t get the pushy, arrogant marketing pitch that we did from many of the others.

4 Likes

Who is your agent, Mary?

We’re with Emoov.
We’ve now booked agent visits with Stanfords (because of comments on here) and CKB. I’m going to look into Pickwick and Sebastian Roche. Thanks all for the recommendations. I’m thinking Sebastian Roche might too Honor Oak focused for our area, but will give them and Pickwick a ring.

Surprised about people’s experience with Sebastian Roche. Maybe they’ve changed in the last couple of years. Seemed completely disinterested when I approached them about selling our flat. Granted it’s not a 4 bed Victorian house but someone should teach them about lifetime value.

Not only selling though. More than once I tried to arrange a viewing with Sebastian Roche and was completely ignored. Doesn’t really make me want to use them for any future sales.

2 Likes

I agree. That kind of attitude may have been one or two lazy employees but can put you off using a company forever. When we moved to our house 18 years ago we had previously tried to view another house through Mann & Co. They kept saying either they couldn’t get hold of the vendor or they would ring back and never did it went on for weeks and made me wonder if they’d ring fenced it.

Acorn damaged our wall with their Sold sign. And were rude about it.

And just this morning I spoke to the rudest estate agent EVER. Haart’s. They have had a Let By sign at a neighbouring house for over a year and not only refuse to take it down but were obnoxiously rude. Apparently - Madam (with a sneer) - you’re the only person who has ever complained about a sign being left up and Haart’s “has them all over the place” and “all along Lordship Lane and they stay there”. When I said I’d report it to Lewisham he told Madam to go ahead and he looked forward to hearing from them. Ye Gods How to win Clients? I don’t think so

1 Like

I bought a house through Mann & Co, Sydenham High Street. They wouldn’t accept an offer (at asking price) until we’d seen their own in-house Mortgage Broker who then asked us about our financials in a clear conflict of interest.

We already had a letter of intent from HSBC but Mann still insisted we see their broker even though they had no better rates.

Mann also messed around with a counter offer which turned out not to exist - though that may have been the seller too.

As a buyer, KFH in Forest Hill were most helpful and straight forward when dealing with an offer (we lost).

1 Like

They are legal obliged to pass on offers to the seller- no matter what they are. They also cannot legally request you deal with thier broker- don’t accept this kind of nonsense. I never give agents any more information than legally required to, it’s all a fishing trip.

4 Likes

Believe me I told Mann & Co to stop messing around but they were very improper. The mortgage broker didn’t try too hard when we said we rates were better on the high street and he knew they were beaten, but it was still an unnecessary waste of time and a conflict. We told them nothing - you are right it was fishing, and not just 1 staff member either.

2 Likes

We sold with Property World (Sydenham) who were brilliant from start to finish, no idea what the experience would be for a buyer with them… we bought our property at the other end of the chain via Pedder in FH and they very nearly drove me to a breakdown, patronising (also insisting we speak to their broker), rude, aggressive, belligerent. I would never give them any business in any capacity.

If we’re being honest estate agents of all tribes don’t really have the best rep, do they! No wonder moving is stressful!

3 Likes

The previous incarnation of Emoov did not do a very good job.

1 Like

Wish I had come across this post a while ago- I’m with Acorn at the moment. Had to get them tone down the ridiculous adjectives they used on their initial listing of my place- for instance, they described the bedrooms as “Excessive” (Good sized would have been better). Property has been on the market for 4 weeks, 1 week in, they want to drop the price blaming the market. Then the flat below goes on market with Barnard Marcus at the same price, they get lots of viewings and an offer within a fortnight- close to asking price and above what Acorn want to drop the price of mine to. Despite this, they still bang on about dropping the price. It seems the issue with Acorn is not the market- it is more, they don’t have prospective customers they indicated they had during the sales pitch and it feels like they have lost interest.

4 Likes

We bought our house a year ago through KFH in FH. I would not go near them. The estate agent who showed us the house was super friendly and the moment our offer was accepted his personality changed and he became super cold. His intentions were so transparent and he was just plain rude.

We viewed several houses with property world and really liked the estate agent, he was a good sales person and from an interested buyers perspective can definitely recommend them.

We also viewed several houses with Benjamin Matthews and he was also very good. Can definitely recommend him from an interested buyers perspective