Archived on 6/5/2022

Fire smell

Paintyourpebbledash
21 Sep '20

Anyone know about the strong smell of smoke /fire on Ebsworth Street ?

anon5422159
21 Sep '20

I know a couple of houses on Ebsworth have fires / log burners (including my old house and its neighbour). Or does it smell like something other than wood burning?

Paintyourpebbledash
21 Sep '20

Different than log burner / fire

Emily
21 Sep '20

Someone said it might be from the nature reserve. It’s dreadful tonight but I’ve been smelling it on and off all summer. Would love it to stop as it gives me a headache and also bonfires are not currently allowed.

Paintyourpebbledash
21 Sep '20

Hadn’t appreciated nature reserve was open to public currently .
Yes , very potent and unpleasant . If it goes on like this I will report to Lewisham .

Ernest_J_Thomason
22 Sep '20

I am the chair of the ‘Friends of Garthorne Road Nature Reserve’ we are not allow to have fires on site as a part of the agreement between the Network Rail, Lewisham Council and us. As some residents has does have ‘unofficial’ access to the reserve which is difficult to manage. I am aware of a large gathering for a children party anyone who is on-site without permission from the council is not covered by the site insurance and the council or the ‘Friends’ will NOT be held for any injuries that is caused.

If you are aware on any issues happening on the site please contact either the Council Conservation officer E-mail Jessica Kyle or the Friends of Garthorne Road Nature Reserve.

We are looking at possibility of opening the reserve in October (weather depending) for further details see ours website at Garthorne Road Nature Reserve or Facebook page. We are open to the public from April to September and always looking for volunteers to help open the reserve.

anon27836993
22 Sep '20

I would report it sounds dodgy if it isn’t a normal smell wood burning or a bbq!!

system
21 Nov '20

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.