Archived on 6/5/2022

Fireworks?

clausy
7 Sep '20

Does anyone know where all the fireworks were coming from tonight?

Polly_Martin
7 Sep '20

I just came on here for this exact reason! I wonder

Laura_McDonald
7 Sep '20

Me too. They’re going on for AGES!!

NorthernMatt
7 Sep '20

Also sounds expensive!

applespider
7 Sep '20

Looked like they were coming from Dulwich Common way - was an amazing display although strangely early in terms of how not very dark it is.

And looked very much like pro-fireworks. One of the schools doing something perhaps?

There’s music too now… ‘Living on a Prayer’ is blasting out.

PhilyG
7 Sep '20

I’m glad there are others as curious as I am

Nivag
7 Sep '20

A septic celebrating Labor Day?

Tazmondo
7 Sep '20

Where was it? Couldn’t see any but could hear them going on for ages :thinking:

ForestHull
7 Sep '20

There have been some on previous nights too

Billie
7 Sep '20

Bit daft when it’s not properly dark. And was worried about one of the cats who was out as he doesn’t like loud noises. Fortunately he hopped back through the flap. But again why??

clausy
7 Sep '20

Septic - haha. Septic tank, Yank. Off topic but my friend wrote this book http://septicscompanion.com because he’s a Brit working in the US to help Americans understand ‘English’. Its fab.

Clair
7 Sep '20

Yep definitely sounded like a good show. Couldn’t see anything :frowning:

clausy
7 Sep '20

yes - sounded like it - couldn’t see over the hill. Perhaps Dulwich College 1st day of term?

applespider
7 Sep '20

I got a great display from the sofa… :joy: although there were a lot of birds flapping around with the bangs. If I had to guess (and given I can hear the music), I’d guess it’s somewhere around the cricket club rather than as far up as DC

Jennie
7 Sep '20

I came on here in the hope that someone would have an answer. They woke me up (work shifts) and I thought they were gun shots at first!

clausy
7 Sep '20

Here we go @applespider I think you’re right

ForestHull
7 Sep '20

Video from Twitter:

ChrisR
7 Sep '20

But that article is from November 2014!

clausy
7 Sep '20

Haha - oops. I’m guessing that it’s the same thing though, same time of year, same direction… How did I not spot that :slight_smile:

applespider
7 Sep '20

Still think it’s that location but the Nov one sounds a lot more like a traditional Guy Fawkes night… and unless they know something about being locked down in November and have brought it forward, I think it’s another occasion.

The schools do have Founders Day events - which might have been affected by lockdown this year and then by school hols. I’m sure we’ll find out eventually.

maxrocks
7 Sep '20

They seemed to be coming from the direction of Elliotbank from what I could see-they didn’t seem as far off as Dulwich common.
Really good display

ChrisR
7 Sep '20

Well November is a traditional time for fireworks but not September!

anon5422159
7 Sep '20
Sherwood
7 Sep '20

Dulwich College’s Founder’s Day celebrations were virtual because of the pandemic and months ago.

Estelle_Lauren
13 Sep '20

Heard more just now and some last night. :roll_eyes:

Bolgerp
13 Sep '20

Same here. Finished about 5 mins ago. I know there’s usually some in the lead up to Nov 5th but that’s nearly two months away!

Swagger
13 Sep '20

Yeah, heard 'em down Perry Vale way.

blushingsnail
14 Sep '20

Looked like they were in the Bell Green area.