Archived on 6/5/2022

Food delivery

Moto_Hodder
8 Apr '20

:information_source: Admin update: Please visit our editable topic: Local Businesses Delivering Food

Admins - is it possible to have an editable wiki page of local restaurants/businesses that are still delivering food? We were loyal customers of Gurkhas in Sydenham, but they’ve now closed and we tried to get a delivery from Big Cheeks last weekend, but they also appeared to be closed. Willing to try new places, but so many are closed.

(I should note that I have seen the posts about the spreadsheet, but surely an editable page within the page would be easier)

starman
8 Apr '20

Recommend you try…

Moto_Hodder
8 Apr '20

I think this just proves my point - great platform, but not updated. I can see at least 2 businesses on there that are now closed.

starman
8 Apr '20

Like anything… it is based on user input. I emailed them to advise of another restaurant which no longer was delivering. The site has been created by locals here in FH I believe. There are advantages to these sites which do not require any registration to use and view.

Moto_Hodder
8 Apr '20

If it relies on user input, I think it’s better to use existing platforms and user bases rather than try and grow a new one overnight.

starman
8 Apr '20

Of course existing platforms could also support new ones designed specifically for the purpose. Imagine if all the local forums, FB groups, the mutual aid groups on WhatsApp etc… were inputting into the one.

Anyways over to you. As I’m sure mods would say, anyone can create a Wiki here.

Moto_Hodder
14 Apr '20

By way of update, had a delivery from Big Cheeks at the weekend, so they are open. Very confusing!

Alisa
16 Apr '20

Just had Le Querce lasagne and tiramisu for dinner. 20 mins in the oven for the lasagne and delicious. I went to them, but looks like they deliver too.

ChrisR
16 Apr '20

They seem to be very unpredictable. I went to order through Deliveroo tonight and it said they weren’t taking orders! Perhaps they’re only working at weekends

anon5422159
16 Apr '20

Sorry for the delay. I’ve just created this wiki topic: Local Businesses Delivering Food

Moto_Hodder
17 Apr '20

Thanks!

Naseer_Ahmad
26 Apr '20