Archived on 6/5/2022

Forest Hill Assembly meeting - Sat 30th Sept

kat.standlake.point
25 Sep '17

Hi, does any one know the place where the following meeting will take place?

Forest Hill assembly meeting on Saturday 30 September, venue to be confirmed, 1.30–3.30pm.

anon64893700
25 Sep '17

Proposed venue: TBC

I assume it will update when they know for sure.

kat.standlake.point
25 Sep '17

Today is 25th, how do they expect people to make arrangements for such short notice if we still do not know the venue?

Michael
25 Sep '17

Sydenham school, dartmouth road.

kat.standlake.point
25 Sep '17

Thank you Michael, one if us will be coming to seek help with our objection petition. Thank you so much!

Michael
25 Sep '17

Fair enough but Bampton Road is in Perry Vale ward not Forest Hill.

kat.standlake.point
25 Sep '17

I am sorry, i dont know the difference. We thought Forest Hill Assembly is for all Forest Hill and we are in Forest Hill. What is the difference between Perry Vale Ward and Forest Hill Assembly? Why are they devided as it is still one area - Forest Hill??

RachaelDunlop
25 Sep '17

The assemblies are organised by electoral wards. Forest Hill is a ward that does not cover all of what we think of as being Forest Hill. There is also a Perry Vale Assembly.

https://www.lewisham.gov.uk/getinvolved/localassemblies/Pages/default.aspx

kat.standlake.point
25 Sep '17

Thank you! So we should contact Perry Vale Ward with our objection letter I guess.

MajaHilton
27 Sep '17

Perry Vale assembly is scheduled for 2nd November.

In the meantime you can always talk to your councillors

For Perry Vale Ward
Cllr John Paschoud
Cllr Suzan Wise
Cllr Alan Till

kat.standlake.point
27 Sep '17

Thank you very much!

EmmaJ
28 Sep '17

Saturday 30th September 2pm at Sydenham School, Dartmouth Road, SE26 4RD

What’s on the agenda?

1. Introduction and welcome – Cllr Paul Upex

2. Forest Hill Assembly Fund 2017 Market place event- meet the applicants who have a project idea to help make a difference in Forest Hill.

3. Projects put to the assembly’s vote

4. Air quality presentation- Cllr Sophie McGeevor

5. Walking and cycling strategy - Brendan Cuddihy, Forest Hill Society

6. Borough of Culture Bid update – Andy Thomas

7. Community Updates and question time

· Active consultations in Forest Hill

· Upcoming Christmas activities

· Changes to waste 2nd October

1. Close

Date of next meeting: Saturday 2nd December 2017

What is the Forest Hill Assembly?

Your Forest Hill Assembly discusses issues of concern to you and your neighbours. It’s a place where you and other local residents can work together with the local councillors, police, local organisations and the wider community to make Forest Hill a better place to live, work and learn. Anyone who lives, works or studies in Forest Hill can come along and get involved.

kat.standlake.point
28 Sep '17

Thank you for the information. It seems there is a devision in Forest Hill between Forest Hill Assembly and Perry Vale Ward. As much as I understand it is something to do electoral wards and I am sure it is important the way it is set up, we will try to attend meetings of both devision. Forest Hill Assembly is heard to be “hard core” people who managed to safe Forest Hill pools/leisure centre (I did not know that the latter was planned to be moved to Sydenham). So their guidance and advise on how to save our green space and ball court will be very helpful even their councillors will not be able to represent us. With Perry Vale Ward, I believe my neigbhour contacted one of councillors in the past but got no reply. We will be addressing our problem to them anyway because they are our local councillors. That is the plan for now.

Michael
28 Sep '17

There may be some confusion between The Forest Hill Ward Assembly and The Forest Hill Society.

The Ward Assembly is only open to people who live,work, or learn in the Forest Hill ward (west of the railway). Other can visit but cannot vote on issues such as spending the ward assembly budget. The issue of Bampton Estate (or the Elephant and Castle) are outside the Area of Interest of the Forest Hill Ward Assembly. That doesn’t mean there is anything to stop you coming along, but don’t expect to be invited to speak as part of the agenda, I would doubt even in ‘Community Updates’.

The Ward Assembly was not really the group that saved Forest Hill pool. Lots of groups can claim their share of credit for that, but not really the assembly. Perry Vale Ward Assembly contains plenty of “hard core” people too, including many who fought for the reopening of the pool.

The Forest Hill Society is different - it is a membership organisations (£5 per year) and is interested in all of SE23 and the surrounding area. The FH Society includes members from SE23, SE26, SE6, SE4, SE22, Cornwall and Toronto. And the Forest Hill Society certainly played our part in saving the swimming pool and takes an active interest in development opportunities and planning applications on both side of the railway.

Interestingly Forest Hill ward used to be called Horniman Ward before a section of SE26 was added to the ward. And Perry Vale ward used to be called Forest Hill ward - proving that the names of wards do not define an area.

kat.standlake.point
28 Sep '17

Thank you Michael. It is more clear now!

topofthehill
28 Sep '17

Could it include SE20?

divya_m
2 Oct '17

Is there minutes/summary of these meetings published online? I unfortunately couldn’t make it on Saturday.

system
1 Dec '17

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.