You are warmly welcomed to attend the next Forest Hill Assembly:
Saturday 3rd November. 1.30pm at Sydenham School, Dartmouth Road, SE26 4RD
What’s on the agenda?
- Introduction and welcome – Cllr Peter Bernards
- Forest Hill Assembly Fund 2018 Presentations- hear from the applicants who have a project idea to help make a difference in Forest Hill:
Project 1: Forest Hill Society- Planting and environmental improvements in Forest Hill town centre and station - £600
Project 2: Colourful Street Trees for Forest Hill- £2240
Project 3: Picturing Christmas’ and ‘Picturing Easter’: Two Community Art Workshop & Publication Projects- £2410
Project 4: Devonshire Road Nature Reserve Visitors Centre- £2500
Project 5: Forest Hill Children’s Book Festival- £1550
Project 6: Book Nooks- £700
Project 7: Raiders Netball club - £2500
- Projects put to the assembly’s vote
- Democracy Review – Cllr Peter Bernards
The Council has to make cuts to public services. We will need to make tough financial decisions. Strong local democracy is increasingly important. The Council is asking residents about how the Mayor & Council could:
- enhance their openness and transparency
- increase public involvement in Council decisions
- promote effective decision making.
There is an online questionnaire and website www.lewishamdemocracy.com
We will be speaking to as many people in person as possible to find out their views.
You can take part in the review at every local assembly.
We will be at local events across the borough.
We can attend your events to discuss the review. Please email email@example.com or contact your local councillor to arrange this.
- Tewkesbury Lodge Working Group – Cllr Leo Gibbons
- Join the Forest Hill Assembly Coordinating Group
- Feedback forms – agenda items next meeting
- Community Updates and question time
WHAT IS THE FOREST HILL ASSEMBLY ?
Your Forest Hill Assembly discusses issues of concern to you and your neighbours. It’s a place where you and other local residents can work together with the local councillors, police, local organisations and the wider community to make Forest Hill a better place to live, work and learn. Anyone who lives, works or studies in Forest Hill can come along and get involved.