Archived on 6/5/2022

Forest Hill Assembly Meeting - Tuesday 28th June

Pauline
19 May '16

Hi All

Would be good if most can make this at FH Pools, 7.30pm!

Myself, @JohnRussell & @GemsPerformingArts will be giving an update on #FHFW re #6 assembly funding.

There will also be an update on FH library shortlisted bids #2 which obviously myself & others are involved in.

Would be much appreciated to have your support on our not for profit community library bid, which you can view here:

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Pauline
20 May '16

Just bumping this up to make sure @thirstforwine @anon64893700 & others are aware of this :slight_smile:

anon5422159
20 May '16

I’ll try to make it along to this.

And not just to see everyone in their speedos and bikinis, and @anon64893700 doing a dive bomb off the top board to show off his tats! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, though, sounds like a lot of interesting discussion topics and will be good to hear the latest on the library and cinema.

anon5422159
28 May '16

Looking forward to attending this evening, although am coming straight from work so don’t have the mini cards on me. Also forgot my speedos :frowning: Who else is coming along?

anon64893700
28 May '16

I won’t be there. Sorry.

Londondrz
28 May '16

Dislike button! How will I know learn Twitter? :disappointed_relieved:

Londondrz
28 May '16

Will bring mine. Minicards that is.

Londondrz
28 May '16

Facepalm! Not tonight!!

Pauline
28 May '16

GLol @Londondrz was the assembly meeting tonight, see you Thursday at the “meet up” can I be you please on my sticker :joy::joy:

Anyway was a bloody good one & glad @anon5422159 was able to make it.

We @JohnRussell @Michael @Simon @anon5422159 all went for a quick one at Sylvan Post after.

Great almost confirmation news for our community bid for the library & great news going forward for the street art under the railway bridge & info on what to do next.

Maybe Chris has taken some notes, I didn’t as I was doing an update on FHFW & I never feel comfortable standing & speaking at the front of a crowd, so was nervous doing this so missed out half of the events, but no one questioned it, so must be happy with this. So great there will be even more free events than what all are expecting :slight_smile:

Michael gave updates on a few things & came across fab as always.

The great surprise for me & all is that LC Assembly Funding have said they will give £5000 to the new community library for a project. This had us all gobsmacked & none of us involved knew about this. I shouted woohoo! just by natural reaction. Maybe I shouldn’t have.

But guess what, I’m so super excited about this & so was everyone else too :slight_smile:

ETA I think @anon5422159 enjoyed meeting @JohnRussell tonight & @JohnRussell is a great friend of mine. The talk was all about #Photography maybe @stefan74uk another great friend of mine might want to talk about this on Thursday, can you make it Stefan 7.30 at Sylvan Post Xxx

anon5422159
28 May '16

Loved the meeting and the drinks afterwards. Great to meet @Simon (sorry we didn’t get more chance to chat), @JohnRussell, and to have more opportunity to talk to @Michael, and also to @MajaHilton.

Was really impressed with Michael’s talks in particular - came across really well, and to a tough crowd on one or two occasions :slight_smile:

Congrats on the bonus £5K for the Community Library, @V22, @Pauline and @Michael

It really struck me last night, as a newcomer to this community, just how much is going on in the Forest Hill, and how many community-spirited people are working together to make their area better.

anon5422159
28 May '16

I didn’t take notes, sorry. Only a few names and Twitter usernames. Your update about FHFW was good Pauline, it’s only reading the above that I realised you were nervous about it. You came across well.

Londondrz
28 May '16

@Pauline I think people may notice :grin:

Pauline
29 May '16

Haha, I can just try an English accent & you can try Scottish :joy::joy:

Londondrz
29 May '16

@Pauline Well with my family being from Skye I will give it a go. :grinning:

anon5422159
25 May '17

A post was split to a new topic: Forest Hill Assembly Meeting - Tuesday 27th June

anon5422159
26 Jun '17