Archived on 6/5/2022

Forest Hill Cars kindly donate a Christmas Tree for Forest Hill Library again this year

Pauline
5 Dec '17

Massive thanks to Mo for his generosity again, here’s last years tree he donated :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

They can be purchased at the side of the cab office on Perry Vale & delivery is free in SE23 :slight_smile:

Audrey_Finch
5 Dec '17

Nice of them, but they’re pretty cheeky plastering their poorly scrawled ads everywhere, particularly the one stapled to the community tree near the station.

Pauline
5 Dec '17

I’ve not seen that, but agree it’s very nice of them to donate a Christmas Tree for Forest Hill Library, very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Pauline
7 Dec '17

Just finished the first lot of Christmas Decorations at the library :snowman_with_snow::snowman::snowman_with_snow:

Tomorrow evening I’ll be decorating the tree :evergreen_tree::hugs::evergreen_tree::hugs::evergreen_tree::hugs:

anon86223367
7 Dec '17

Just a heads up, the company name is Forest Hill Cars and not SE23 Cabs or SE23 OTH Cabs. Very nice of Mo to do his bit.

Pauline
8 Dec '17

VMassive thanks for dropping off an amazing beautiful tree tonight @maurice & gang from Forest Hill Cars.

Gotta do a few bits before I decorate it, so it will be in it’s full glory for opening time at the library on Sunday morning!

Hope you all hold me to that :laughing::laughing:

And on that note has anyone got a saw I can borrow, or even better can come help me to chisel down a tree trunk at 9am at the library tomorrow morning - serial killers need not apply :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll manage either way, but a helper would be good :slight_smile:

jmoney
9 Dec '17

We’re so pleased with the tree we got from them… reasonably priced and looks great.

Pauline
9 Dec '17

Massive thanks to John Firmin, vice chair of FH Society & FH Library Management Board Secretary & to @DickWynne for trimming the tree trunk this morning & believe me they both put themselves out to do this, they may think I don’t know this, but I do :wink::wink:

AND another massive thanks to John for basically having the tree decorated before I even got to the library tonight after closing & he managed it without the main decorations too :heart:

We’ll have a tweek over the next few days, but the tree donated by @maurice from Forest Hill Cars is an absolute beauty, thank you Mo :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

@Bruceshire can you do your magic & design a poster for the wall by the tree to say it’s been donated by Mo of Forest Hill Cars on Monday please xx

Pauline
12 Dec '17

Thanks @maurice for agreeing to give a tree to FH Library every year, we all really appreciate it & have now publicly thanked you, as deserved at the library with this by our Christmas Tree :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

@Bruceshire done his magic as always :slight_smile: