Archived on 6/5/2022

Forest Hill Christmas Tree is up!

starman
25 Nov '20

The tree is up. A bit taller this year.

ForestHull
25 Nov '20

Fantastic - I can’t wait to see what Lee Jackson comes up with this year.

AndyS
26 Nov '20

Whatever it is, I hope it’s got a bloody great padlock. Or a hidden bear trap.

SheShe
27 Nov '20

Pity we couldn’t have more aesthetic railings around it - maybe in wood? Would look so much better :christmas_tree:

ForestHull
27 Nov '20

I wouldn’t judge it yet - the railings were quite well decorated once Mr Christmas had worked his magic, see last year’s here: https://se23.life/t/forest-hill-christmas-tree-lighting/13531/7

And welcome to the forum!

starman
27 Nov '20

I can assure you that Mr. Christmas will be as creative with the railing this year, as he was in 2019.

clausy
1 Dec '20

Tree decorations going up today! :evergreen_tree::christmas_tree::+1:

starman
1 Dec '20

The topper is amazing.

clausy
1 Dec '20

The Lewisham Foodbank tree is also quite special this year!

starman
1 Dec '20

We know where to go if there is another shortage of essential items.

starman
1 Dec '20
ForestHull
1 Dec '20

Looks great! It’s very generous of Lee to supply this tree and decorate it so nicely.

Great idea on the railings too.

starman
1 Dec '20

The tree itself is funded by Lewisham Borough Council, then acquired and installed by Skanska including the lighting. Both of whom have been terrific this year to get us a big’un and up in a timely fashion. Lee Jackson does all the design work, provides the decorations and of course the decorating. Project coordinated by the Forest Hill Society.

A great local team effort by all.

clausy
1 Dec '20

I stopped by to have a chat with Lee - lovely bloke and a very talented designer. Kudos to @starman for being the real person doing the co-ordinating :slight_smile:

@ForestHull re railings I suggested he adds a sign to say ‘Smile you’re on CCTV’ as there’s a camera on the WHSmith right above it.

Scorpion
1 Dec '20

Beautiful :blush: Well done and thank you, to everyone involved :clap:
The words on the tag are very poignant :mask::cry: but nice also and I, for one, long for and await next Spring :+1:

ThorNogson
1 Dec '20

stunning tree. and those owls!.. no one better mess with them.

ChrisR
1 Dec '20

The tree looks wonderful in the photos but I shall have to go and see it for myself. I do hope that the idiot/idiots that decided it would be fun to steal Santa’s hat twice last year have either left the neighbourhood or have matured over the last 12 months and leave the tree alone this year so everyone can all enjoy it. Thank you Lee Jackson for your generosity and all others involved in co-ordinating the project, :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anotherjohn
1 Dec '20

That’s got to be the best one we’ve ever had!
Many thanks to everyone who helped to put it together…Great work!

ForestHull
2 Dec '20

Even self-proclaimed grinch @LeoGibbons has been converted and likes the tree :wink::

High praise indeed given the previous outlook (- though he wasn’t wrong!).

ForestHull
3 Dec '20

And now the Owls have their own twitter account!

maxrocks
4 Dec '20

I agree!
Its so beautiful!!!
I love the owls and feel they are watching over the residents of the hood.
our tree is a real mood booster so thank you to the team for all their effort in making something so aesthetically beautiful for us all to enjoy :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

ForestHull
5 Dec '20

starman
11 Dec '20

The guardians of the Forest Hill Christmas tree :christmas_tree:need names. There is a poll running on Twitter to name the three owls :owl: :owl: :owl:. Please join in.

It’s all a bit of a hoot.

applespider
11 Dec '20

Great name choices - it’s a gorgeous tree… Would be as home in a fancy drawing room as the side of the A205!

ForestHull
24 Mar '21

Christmas may seem like a distant memory now, but Forest Hill Society have a fond look back at the events of the last Christmas: