Archived on 6/5/2022

Forest Hill Christmas Tree Lighting

ForestHillSociety
23 Nov '19

The Forest Hill Christmas Tree will be switched on Saturday 7th December at around 4:15pm with carol singing

starman
2 Dec '19

The Forest Hill Christmas tree is getting a major face lift for 2019. This year we’re really lucky to have tree decorated by local Forest Hill designer Lee Jackson of Jackson Morgenstern Designs. His work has seen him style and design television shows, photography shoots, stores and many events. Lee has even been called Mr. Christmas a few times.

So make sure you come along on Saturday for the lighting of the tree and enjoy the new improved Christmas tree for Forest Hill.

Londondrz
2 Dec '19

I was please to see that at least the barriers around the tree are a festive red.

Forestbird
3 Dec '19

Such a beautiful decorated tree at the station. All reds and white with a hat on the top. very festive.

oakr
3 Dec '19

I went past on the bus today and it did look nice - will take the kids for a closer look at some point but well done all involved!

Londondrz
3 Dec '19

Sadly I only got to see it on Saturday before it was decorated.

Forestbird
3 Dec '19

starman
3 Dec '19

It’ll look wonderful when the lights are turned on Saturday.

Forestbird
3 Dec '19

Sadly the Christmas street lights are not in the same league :confused:

Londondrz
3 Dec '19

Awesome!!! Love the Santa Hat

Londondrz
3 Dec '19

Agreed. Mind you from memory Crystal Palace has the same.

Clair
3 Dec '19

I took my picture this evening about 6.30 not sure why it looks like daylight, because it didn’t when I took it. Would be great if when lit up it starts moving and Ho Ho Ho ing!

starman
4 Dec '19

Posting pics on social media? Please use…

#ForestHillHat

robin.orton
4 Dec '19

I dont think Christmas trees should have Sanna Clahz hats. They should have fairies (or even angels) on top. But then I’m a cultural conservative and a very old man

Londondrz
4 Dec '19

I would tend to agree but that tickled me.

SignalPub
4 Dec '19

We will be coming down with some mulled wine!

system
6 Dec '19
starman
6 Dec '19

Apparently decorations from the barriers are already being stolen. That sucks big time.

ForestHull
6 Dec '19

Still looks awesome:

marymck
6 Dec '19

Christmas is wasted on some people! We’ve even had memorial flowers stolen from our drive - complete with sympathy cards - which had been left there by mourners after a young man had passed away on the street. Some people are just beyond the pale and must just have no love in their souls.

But whilst there are a few weirdos around who will do that sort of thing, the tree still looks stunning and will bring a lot of happiness to lots of people. Fingers crossed for a dry (apart from the mulled wine) evening for the switch on and well done to everyone involved.

HannahM
6 Dec '19

Some People are awful. It is such a nice, unique tree and really cheers up the dark damp commute.

Let’s hope it survives the Christmas season.

starman
7 Dec '19

Despite the stolen bits it still looks amazing. And wonderful to hear the joy of kids and compliments of parents as they walk by. Great job by our local man!

starman
7 Dec '19

By the way… if you see the designer Lee Jackson at the lighting congratulate him.

robin.orton
7 Dec '19

It went well. Now waiting for the Kirkdale event. Father Christmas told me the Sydenham switch on event was well rammed.

Clair
7 Dec '19

Very nice event again! Great to see Santa there this year, spreading festive cheer to all.
Thanks for the warming drink, mince pie & carols!

starman
7 Dec '19

It was so much with the carols, mince pies and Santa. Good thing he had his own hat. Big turnout too.