Archived on 6/5/2022

Forest Hill Fashion Week 2016

Pauline
18 May '16

Hi All

i’ve now set the dates for Forest Hill Fashion Week 2016!

Thursday 22nd - Sunday 25th September.

This is a programme of free events for the community run by local volunteers.

I’m pleased to say we have funding secured from FH assembly funding which will cover the costs of PLI, marquee set up & brochure printing.

I can work with this - so we’re off :smiley:

First core team meeting is tomorrow evening, here we are

http://fhfw.co.uk/fhfw-2015-team/

In the past I only coordinated the kids events, but took on the full event last year as no one else was prepared to due to lack of funding - I think it was a great success & we done this with less funding than any previous year, and we have more this year than last, hence bringing back the brochure.

If anyone would like to offer their skills I’d love to hear from you via here or by emailing fhfw.co.uk

Got most covered, but another pair of hands working on & updating the website would be most helpful.

Thanks

Pauline

Pauline
23 May '16

Hi All

I’ve started working on the prep for FHFW 2016.

All local input is very welcome, so please feel free to comment or suggest extra events.

The dates are Thursday 22nd till Sunday 25th September this year.

If anyone wants to add an event, workshop, discount or promotion that ties in please let me know so it can be added to the brochure.

I’ll confirm the preferred venues this week.

We’re advertising it as “Forest Hill Arts” presents “Forest Hill Fashion Week” this year as myself & Emma are in the process of setting up FH Arts & Donald will be involved in this too. We’ll keep everyone in the loop with FH Arts events & progress FYI & also incase anyone wants to be involved in any way.

Here’s my part email to my core team that might be of interest & all are welcome to ge involved in any way if they want too, this is a FREE community event for all :slight_smile:

Thanks

Pauline

Events Programme 22nd - 25th September

Thursday 22nd

• Kids cupcake decorating workshop - with Gabi Marx - Sugar Mountain 4-5.30pm - kids
  • P2C workshop - with Donald - upstairs at Railway Telegraph or V22 community space - time TBC with Donald - all

Friday 23rd

• Charlie & Choc Factory workshop (exact TBC) - with me and another (TBC) - Sugar Mountain 4-6pm - kids
  • As above with linked workshop - Hooray Party Shop - 4-6pm - kids
  • Fashion related writing workshop with Maggie Smith -“It’s not just about what you wear, it’s about where you live” - FH library - 7-9pm - adults
  • Clothes Swap - with Zoe - The Archie Parker - 6-8pm - adults

Saturday 24th

• Clothes & craft fair - with Solocraft - V22 community space 11-6pm - all
  • Catwalk show - with Donald, Pauline, Emma & Zoe & anyone else who can help - marquee - 2pm - all
  • Crepe Records set - with Manisha - marquee - 1-2pm & between catwalk shows - all
  • P2C catwalk show - with Donald - marquee - 4pm - all
  • Kids interior design workshop - with Catherine - library 12noon - kids
  • Sweet sixteen almost wrap party - with Trev the DJ - upstairs at The Signal - 7pm onwards - adults

Sunday 25th

• Adults interior design workshop - with Catherine - V22 community space or library 12noon
  • Kids Flashmob - with Em & Maria - around FH 12noon
  • Kids Charlie & choc factory party - marquee - 1- 4pm
  • Kids Catwalk Show - marquee 2pm
  • Golden ticket trail - extension of the Flashmob

Pre launch FHFW Saturday 17th September

• Live music by TBC & performance by Gems PA - stations forecourt 1-3/4pm with brochures being handed out
  • Some kind of wacky/random/in your face art work/something similar advertising FHFW displayed around FH - exactly what & where TBC

Brochure extras - we also need to get someone to design the brochure

• Golden tickets hidden randomly in brochures offering something free from participating shops, keeping this to 5 tickets per shop
  • tear off golden ticket in all brochures offering a 10% discount in participating shops to be used during FHFW

Something we forgot to add was a workshop/ rehearsal for the Flashmob, shall we do this on Friday evening 6-8pm at RYC with Em?

Also I’ll send a traders email asking if anyone wants to add their own event/workshop that’s fashion related during the running of FHFW to be added to the brochure.

Other stuff we need to think about/decide on are:

• Patch it up - This will be at The Archie Parker - time, date & details TBC - adults

Website & Social Media

• Website - I’ve spoke to Sol (web developer) & he’ll take on the running of the website as Sareta has got a new job which means she’s mega busy, but she’ll still be in the loop. Sareta I’ll send an email to both you & Sol tomorrow to arrange a suitable time to share passwords etc
  • Facebook - Pauline & Em to carry on with this
  • Twitter - Pauline, Em & Zoe to take on this
  • Instagram - I’ll set up a new one & share passwords with Em & Zoe to share doing this. John let me know if you want to share doing this too, so you can get pics out straight away

Manisha, are you okay playing the slot I have put in for you, also goes without saying you’re more than welcome to have a stall at both the catwalk show & the clothes & craft fair & be one of the designers in the catwalk show.

Benjamin Mathews (local estate agent) is happy to do a brochure drop to 10,000 homes in FH so it will be advertised well locally, we’ll add him as a sponsor for this.

If anyone thinks anything needs changing or added please let me know ASAP.

Cheers

P :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Sent from my iPad
Sent from my iPad

theforesttrail
30 May '16

This sounds great! I’m happy to help out. I am away this week but can pop in next week.

Pauline
30 May '16

Great! We’ll have a chat when you pop in next @theforesttrail :+1:

Pauline
8 Jun '16

Nice little mention in this feature for local Manisha aka Crepe Records - Manisha will be playing a set during FHFW & showing a collection :slight_smile:

joerobot
8 Jun '16

@Pauline Any extra hands on helping with Website stuff let me know :slight_smile:

Pauline
8 Jun '16

Graphic design help is needed if you can help out :+1:

Keep in mind anyone that helps will have free advertising x

joerobot
8 Jun '16

Yes would be happy to. My email is on my website so drop me a line there :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Pauline
8 Jun '16

YAY! Thank you!

I’ll drop you a line tomorrow :heart_eyes:

Pauline
10 Jun '16

Hey Joe, I’ve just emailed you & invited you to our next meeting which is next Thursday 16th :slight_smile:

Pauline
16 Jun '16

Updated events info will be uploaded soon :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

www.fhfw.co.uk

joerobot
17 Jun '16

Sorry I couldn’t make it last night, partner had an orchestra rehearsal so had to remain on further puppy duty!

Pauline
17 Jun '16

No worries Joe, I’ll add you to our group email for the next meeting which will be soon :slight_smile:

Lorna_Fagan
18 Jun '16

Pauline let me know how I can be of help

Pauline
18 Jun '16

You’re helping enough already @Lorna_Fagan by doing a couple of free workshops which I’ll get added to the final schedule which I’ll finalise over the next few days, but I’ll invite you to our meetings incase you want to be involved more Xx

I’m really looking forward to having you as my new shop neighbour soon as your enthusiasm for doing stuff for the community is great :slight_smile:

Lorna_Fagan
18 Jun '16

I’m just putting together the information you asked for @Pauline if you need any pre event trial makeup for models, hair or costume fittings my Boudoir us available.

Lorna_Fagan
18 Jun '16

Thanks Pauline let me know what you would like all the way Info my son has offered to help.

You can email me info faganlorna@yahoo.co.uk asap he can an have this ready for Tuesday he can start this evening he’s just doing my logo here’s a sneek peek!

Pauline
19 Jul '16

Hey Joe

I’ve just added you to an email about our next #FHFW meeting.

It’s at @Sylvanpost tomorrow evening at 7pm, they’re dog & puppy friendly so you can bring the puppy along to join us :slight_smile:

Dave @Sylvanpost me & @emmad aka @GemsPerformingArts have got a #FHArts event to run by you as you said you want to be involved & this is a good un!

See you tomorrow & can you book the back room for us from 7pm, I’ll pop in tomorrow to sort it out anyway :slight_smile:

Sylvanpost
19 Jul '16

Hi Pauline,

I have booked the back area for tomorrow from 7pm. Unfortunately I’m unable to attend the meeting, as I have another meeting to attend to.
Be more than happy to come and see you before I finish tomorrow?

Pauline
19 Jul '16

Great stuff Dave, see you then x

Pauline
20 Jul '16

Updates coming tomorrow :slight_smile:

Pauline
20 Jul '16

Thanks for popping by Dave. I think we got them events covered now x

Sylvanpost
20 Jul '16

Fantastic, I look forward to getting stuck in and helping out :smile:

Pauline
6 Aug '16

We’ve started adding events & workshops to the #FHFW website now www.fhfw.co.uk thanks @Sol for all your help with this :+1:

Brochures will be going to print soon, thanks @BMSE23 for having them delivered to FH homes. Some will also be available in shops too.

Thanks to the FHFW 2016 sponsors who are:

Lewisham Council Assembly Funding
Forest Hill Society
SEE3
@BMSE23

And a massive thanks to the FHFW 2016 team, without them we wouldn’t be able to do this & all is done voluntary from all of us.

I should add that this year it is “Forest Hill Arts presents Forest Hill Fashion Week” as it’s myself & @emmad aka @GemsPerformingArts that have set up #FHArts

Hope to see some of you at the events & workshops :slight_smile:

Pauline
26 Aug '16

The brochure has now gone to print :tada::tada:

I’ve sent the PDF to @anon5422159 as I don’t know how to upload it :joy::joy:

I’ll be sending more updates to @Sol for the website to be updated too www.fhfw.co.uk :+1::+1::+1:

Hope some of you can come along to the events & they’re all FREE :slight_smile:

anon5422159
26 Aug '16

FHFW Brochure Final V1.pdf (2.7 MB)

Pauline
26 Aug '16

Cheers Chris :+1:

Pauline
27 Aug '16

Sorry Chris I flagged this by mistake when tweeting, can you undo it please :joy::joy:

Pauline
1 Sep '16

15,000 brochures have been delivered today, watch out for them in shops from now & @BMSE23 is having 10,000 delivered to FH homes on Thursday 15th Sept :slight_smile:
Cheers Ben :+1::+1:

Pauline
2 Sep '16

#FHFW kids cupcake decorating workshop

The 4.30pm slots are now fully booked, if anyone wants to book their kids in for the 5pm or 5.30pm slots you can either let me know here or book via the website www.fhfw.co.uk

All FHFW events are FREE but please pre-book this event & the kids interior design workshop due to limited spaces.
Please also pre book the clothes swap @TheArchieParker

See the FHFW brochure link above (few posts above by @anon5422159) for all events :slight_smile:

Pauline
3 Sep '16

Cupcake decorating workshops are now fully booked!

#FHFW writing workshop with our very own @magse23 Thursday 22nd Sept 6-8pm at FH library

Please let Maggie know if you’re coming along on here!

It’s not just about fashion it’s about SE23 too :slight_smile:

Pauline
5 Sep '16

@Sol updated the #FHFW website yesterday www.fhfw.co.uk if anyone wants more info on events.

We’ve only to add another designer & Pavement2Catwalk stuff & were done until the events take place :+1::+1::+1:

Anyone coming to any of the events guys?

Pauline
5 Sep '16

Starting to create events on the FHFW Facebook page now.

Feel free to show an interest or let us know you’re coming to any!

@magse23 I’ve just done one for your workshop :slight_smile:

Pauline
5 Sep '16

Just added a few more events to the Facebook page & I’ll get the rest up either tonight or tomorrow :slight_smile:

Please do let me know if I’m bombarding you all with too much FHFW info, but also please share events with peeps you think may be interested.

All are FREE you know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Sylvanpost @TheArchieParker your events are here spread the local love xx

Pauline
5 Sep '16

@MayaOnyett @MajaHilton @CllrPaulUpex @V22_Louise_House @Michael @anon5422159 @ChrisBarnham Spread the word guys

Twitter is @fhfashionse23
Facebook Forest Hill Fashion
Instagram forest_hill_fashion_week

Forest hill will be rocking during FHFW weekend & press releases are going out now!

Spread the #SE23Love

A little birdie tells me we might get an interview on BBC London Radio again this year @AndyS think you liked that before :slight_smile:

I know I get quite excited about FH stuff but feel free to tell me to shut up :joy::joy::joy:

AndyS
6 Sep '16

Eh??? Think you’ve confused me with some other Andy who actually knows something about fashion, @Pauline !!! :flushed:

Pauline
6 Sep '16

Thought it was you that commented on another forum about it last year - must have been someone else :slight_smile:

AndyS
6 Sep '16

Well, possibly I said “Well done, Pauline!” or some such, but more out of congratulations than actual, you know, interest in fashion. If you’d ever seen me you’d know my interest in fashion is approximately zero, give or take :wink:

Pauline
6 Sep '16

Hahaha, I have no interest on fashion either. Just like doing the free events if I’m honest :+1::+1:

Would love to have a catch up with you, you always gave me good advice elsewhere when I overstepped the mark.

Name the date & I’ll be sure to make it if you can

P xx

Pauline
7 Sep '16

The FHFW Press Release is doing the rounds at the moment, if anyone has any direct or indirect contacts that this might be of interest too please let me know :slight_smile:

AndyS
8 Sep '16

PM’d you ‘elsewhere’, @Pauline.

Pauline
8 Sep '16

Just PM’d you on here Andy :slight_smile:

anon5422159
8 Sep '16

Yes, absolutely agree. Happy for positive non-verified contributors to be made trust-level-2 as you see fit

anon64893700
8 Sep '16

Cheers Chris, and thanks for the edit lol

Londondrz
8 Sep '16

Sounds good to me.

Pauline
10 Sep '16

Just created more events on the #FHFW Facebook page!

Pauline
10 Sep '16

Oh no worries, me and @AndyS are gonna catch up at Rob the barbers soon :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Pauline
14 Sep '16

Fab article here with our very own Manisha of Crepe Records :ok_hand:

Local resident & Director of music for #FHFW 15 & 16

Nice one Manisha xx

Pauline
14 Sep '16

Another lovely blog for #FHFW

Keep em coming guys!

If anyone wants the press release sent to share please let me know :slight_smile:

The more the merrier :+1:

Pauline
14 Sep '16

Can you share the FH Soc newsletter @Michael with the #FHFW mention please

Mylene_RT
17 Sep '16

Hi Pauline, hope you are well. Please let us know if we can help you in any way. Also we did not have time to discuss during our launch party so if you are free at some point during the coming weeks, please let me know so we can arrange to meet up. You can contact me at: mylene@railwaytelegraph.co.uk Have a great day!

Pauline
17 Sep '16

Happy to hook up anytime but I am crazy busy with #FHFW at the mo #RehearsalsGalore :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Then the library!

I’m a busy bee, but can probably do from Sun 25th till the following Sunday…

If you want to put an event on during #FHFW let me know and I can add it to the website www.fhfw,co.uk 22-25 Sept 16

Pauline
17 Sep '16

TUT shamelessly pushing this!

Hope all can come :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Pauline
18 Sep '16

4 days to go!

Share the #FHFW love everyone if you,re on social media please :slight_smile:

Let’s get FH buzzing during this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mylene_RT
19 Sep '16

Hi Pauline, it does sound like a busy few weeks for you. How about Tuesday 27th? Let me know a good time for you and we’ll arrange for a couple of drinks and nibbles. Re. #FHFW it might be a bit late to create a new event but let us know if you need anything in particular for one of your events and we’ll be happy to help you.

Pauline
19 Sep '16

Hi Mylene, I could do Tuesday 27th around 7pm if that suits?

Some of the traders are donating party food, cakes or drinks for the kids Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Party during FHFW, if you wanted to donate something that would be fab.

Would be good to meet up to get you involved with FH Traders Events & meetings, there’s a couple of events coming up but I’ve not finalised the traders side of them yet.

Halloween - We will be having “Lantern Making Workshops” for the kids during the half term & probably “Pumpkin Carving Workshop” at FH Library on Halloween, any trader can add an extra event to coincide with this or host an event we are doing already. Also I had a meeting last week with Sydenham Arts as they have some funding allocated to them to create a Halloween event to join FH, Sydenham & Kirkdale together after their individual events on Halloween.

We’ll also be doing a “Fiver Fest” the weekend The FH Society turn on the Christmas Tree Lights (Sun 4th Dec) - I can explain how this works when I see you :slight_smile:

Mylene_RT
19 Sep '16

Hi Pauline, I am not here this weekend but I’ll get someone from the team to bring something for the party. Should we bring it directly to the V22 Louise House at 1pm or earlier?

For the rest, we can discuss on Tuesday at 7pm :slight_smile:

Pauline
19 Sep '16

Thank you, if you could drop off around 12ish that would be great :slight_smile:

See you soon xx

Pauline
20 Sep '16

FHFW is not just about fashion, it’s a whole lot more than that!

Donald has been working with disadvantaged groups running up to FHFW, he’s been working with people with mental health issues, disability, and people in recovery.

ETA The Pavement2Catwalk Workshop will be this Thursday 22nd Sept @V22_Louise_House 4-8pm so come along and get creative.

The P2C Catwalk Show will be the finale of the main Catwalk Show which is 2pm this Saturday 24th Sept @V22_Louise_House

And don’t forget to pop next door for the Clothes & Craft Fair with @Rebecca_Jane_Hunter

Here’s a blog by Blenheim ReAL in Catford…

Mylene_RT
20 Sep '16

Perfect! I’ll get someone from the team to drop it off at 12pm on Sunday. Have a good week and see you on Tuesday next week :slight_smile: xx

Mylene_RT
27 Sep '16

Hi Pauline, hope you are well. Just checking in to see if you are still available tonight around 7pm to pop in? :slight_smile:

Pauline
27 Sep '16

Hi Mylene, I’ve come down with a bug so won’t be able to make it tonight, but I’ll add you to the traders Google group today as I’ll be emailing the group later about our next traders meeting which is on 5th October at All Inn One 6.30pm if you can make it - also let me know what evening’s you are working between 6-8pm & I’ll let you know when I can pop by.

Halloween events will be on the agenda aswell as other stuff, all info will be in the email I send tonight.

What’s the best email address for you to add to the group? - you’ll get an invite to the FHTA group so look out for it and accept to start receiving the group emails :slight_smile:

anon5422159
27 Sep '16

Friendly nudge: could you keep one-on-one conversation to private messages please folks?

system
19 Mar '18

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.