Archived on 6/5/2022

Forest Hill Pools [2019-2020]

Steveem7
13 Dec '19

Good morning

I just wanted to say hello. I’m the new Business Manager for The leisure centres.

I wanted to share an update with you as we are just starting a big refurbishment of the gym. If anyone would like to come and see it/ try it out then I can arrange that for you.

I’m also conscious of some of the negativity towards the centre and management. This is a big priority right now as is resolving the defects to the building which we are determined to get done early 2020.

We will be running some meet the manager sessions throughout 2020. Please come down and say hi. Together we can make Forest Hill Pools the community hub it was supposed to be.

Steve

anon5422159
13 Dec '19

Welcome to the forum @Steveem7. Thanks for joining us :+1:

Helenchelen
13 Dec '19

Welcome to the forum! I’ve been a member of Forest Hill Pools since September and have had nothing but a positive experience so far. I would happily recommend it to everyone-excellent value for money, great instructors and lovely atmosphere. Looking forward to seeing the new gym once I’m back after Christmas!

oakr
13 Dec '19

Hi Steve and thank you for posting.

I’m someone who would like to join a local gym next year, and would prefer FH due to the swimming pool, but have been put off by comments here and elsewhere.

There appear to have been many promises made and not followed through, so I think whilst everyone will want things to be fixed soon, it will be important for you and your teams to be realistic in terms of the time things can be done in - credibility is at a low point for the Fusion Management team and will need to be rebuilt. If there are issues beyond your control, explain them - false promises and overly ambitious timelines will cause further mistrust.

Good luck, I hope with the new investment and some more recent positive comments SE23 residents can look forward to a much improved facility next year.

Steveem7
13 Dec '19

Thanks Helen!
Thats great! if you could stick it on google/ facebook reviews that would be brilliant!

maxrocks
13 Dec '19

I really hope you can make the difference we need to make FHP a viable centre to buy membership for.
After so much mismanagement and broken promises I stopped going over two years ago and joined another gym out of our area.
However I’d love to be a member of a gym that’s on my doorstep doesn’t require a bus ride or detour on the way home from work and meets my needs.
Good luck! My OH is still a member due to working in Lewisham which means he can use your other centres in his lunch break so I’ll look forward to hearing if the gym and facilities
are improved in 2020

PX
28 Dec '19

Thank you I am a regular swimmer, and am really excited about the gymn refurbishment thank you so much, I will be in touch

ForestHull
26 Dec '19

As promised up thread, and now open:

https://twitter.com/Foresthillpool/status/1209391806238134272?s=20

Kipya
27 Dec '19

That’s great. New machines. Great exercise and fitness opportunity. Get hot and sweaty and then … no showers.

JonnoPrice
28 Dec '19

The new gym equipment is really great. Fantastic upgrade. Looking forward to seeing the gym change room facilities (upstairs) being sorted out as that would remove a lot of pressure on the downstairs swimming change room which is overcrowded as a result.

Keep up the good work.

Steveem7
1 Jan '20

Thank you for your comments! If you can please leave us a google/ facebook review on your next visit.

starman
1 Jan '20

Could you please posts your membership rates? Is there a per visit option?

maxrocks
1 Jan '20

Yes you can turn up and pay at the desk without being a member

FusionLewisham
2 Jan '20

Hello Starman, if you visit here you will be able to get our membership rates and prices https://join.fusion-lifestyle.com/joinnow.aspx?s=1023&utm_source=fusion%20centre%20website&utm_medium=pricelist&utm_campaign=join_at_home and for prices https://www.fusion-lifestyle.com/centres/forest-hill-pools/memberships/price-list/

natalieh101
2 Jan '20

Is there also an up to date pool timetable? There doesn’t seem to be one on the website? Also, what proof do you need of local resident status? Thanks!

FusionLewisham
2 Jan '20

Hello Natalie, thank you for letting us know about the timetable we will get this added back online ASAP. To provide proof you are a local resident all you need is something with your address on (like a council tax bill) that shows you live in the London Borough of Lewisham.

Steveem7
2 Jan '20

Hi

Hopefully this email reaches you. if you pop down or give Adnan a call he will help you.

Kind Regards

Steve Embleton | Business Manager

Lewisham South London

Fusion Lifestyle

4 Bickels Yard

151-153 Bermondsey Street

London. SE1 3HA

www.fusion-lifestyle.com

knot_in_denial
11 Jan '20

Like others I welcome the new investment and good intentions but sadly have come to a point where I have to comment on yet another disappointing visit today:

(1) All showers remain stone cold, as they have for the past two weeks (and numerous times previous). £140k on new running machines or not, stone cold showers in a gym/pool facility for weeks on end during the middle of winter affecting users young and old = not acceptable.

(2) Admission charged at the highest rates - FHP not accepting legitimate discounts due to the introduction of a new electronic payment system a week ago: therefore staff have to charge the highest rate for children and all - WTF?

(3) Poor state of facilities - rubbish and detritus strewn on floor throughout, broken toilets (to add to long-standing absence of first floor change room etc.)

Having always tried to be positive, put up with the difficulties and to continue to support FHP, I write this message with great regret.

However, after years of supporting FHP we are going to have to travel out of area to use another centre if these kinds of issues persist. I see some members of this forum have already done so.

It is a great shame for what could and should be a tremendous local facility.

Copying @SophieDavis who has kindly looked into FHP on behalf of the council in the past - any help again now is much appreciated.

DevonishForester
12 Jan '20

But there are fewer machines in the ‘new’ gym

Andrea_James
13 Jan '20

Yes they have gone from about 8 running machines to 5 (and one of those was broken on my last visit!). Not a good decision, particularly at this time of year when short days and weather makes running outside difficult for lots of people. Appear to be fewer bikes too. I’ve sent my feedback online already direct to fusion too. cold showers is ridiculous, Taking two kids swimming for their lessons in January with no hot showers afterwards, not good enough.

Pea
13 Jan '20

Yep. Took my 2 year old son there yesterday and cold showers even in the pool. Was horrid coming out feeling frozen.

robin.orton
13 Jan '20

Having a shower bath after a swim is a modern innovation and quite unnecessary. In the early 1950s when we from Caldecote Road Junior School went for our swimming lessons at Vestry Street Baths in Leicester we would have scorned the idea. Made me the man I am.

SophieDavis
13 Jan '20

Thanks - I’m really sorry that you’ve had this experience and that you feel like you have no other choice but to leave.

On the specifics of your complaint - I understand that the boiler is due to be repaired (when I last asked - last week- there wasn’t a timeline but I am checking); your point (2) is completely unacceptable - I will raise it with the managers and officers; point (3) is something I am also raising regularly (I think that there is under-investment when it comes to the cleaning service).

As I’ve said previously on this forum, both as a user and councillor, I share your disappointment and frustration and am working to try and improve the situation.

I’ve invited the lead officer at Lewisham Council to attend the Forest Hill assembly on the 8th February, to answer questions and explain what the Council are doing. Please come along if you’re interested.

Best,
Sophie

Ps: please email me with your email address art cllr_sophie.davis@lewisham.gov.uk, so I can send you any updates.

marymck
13 Jan '20

Maybe it would be helpful for Steve to attend also? That would avoid any “I’ll check with the pools management/Council officers” shuttlecocking delays/excuses if only one of them attends. I mean on their part, of course, not yours.

ForestHull
13 Jan '20

I guess you are referring to @Steveem7… that’s a good point.

Pea
13 Jan '20

Ha. Many a luxury we come to enjoy these days. Now you mention it when I went swimming at school in the 90s we never showered after. Bringing my children up as London lovies it seems.

Foresthillnick
13 Jan '20

I believe that it is actually quite important to shower after swimming in a public pool because chlorine and chloramines left on the skin for a prolonged period of time can cause rashes and other irritations…
Ok if you like that sort of thing I guess.
More importantly if there are no warm showers are people showering before they get into the pool?
Pretty disgusting if not.

Steveem7
13 Jan '20

Dear all

Many thanks for all your comments. Hopefully I can address a few of them here and I assure you i’m working hard to get the longer term problems resolved.

The changing rooms have been an issue for a long time and the good news is we recently had a surveyor inspect the site and David Walton at Lewisham Council is awaiting the report. Once we have this we will be working together (Fusion and Lewisham Council) to get this resolved. I have recently produced some new communications both at the centre and online to inform customers where we are up to. Once we have the results I will continue to feedback. To clarify the fault here is with the initial build quality so neither Lewisham Council or Fusion Lifestyle can commence remedial works, all I can do is apologise is has taken so long to be rectified.

The hot water issue is not actually related to the boilers, it is an issue with the hot water tank. Our facilities team picked this up last Friday and we had an engineer attend site the same evening.

We then received the quotations on 7th and orders were placed the next day, these were authorised on 10th and we are waiting on them to attend site to replace the parts. I’ve held off responding to this chain earlier today as I wanted to submit and update however I have still not had any news. We have meetings at site tomorrow so i will raise again then.

Regarding the gym, we are awaiting more new equipment to finish off the refurbishments.

Unfortunately I’m not in the country on 8th February however I will endeavor to ensure we are represented, i’d certainly be keen to attend a future event.

Hopefully this answers some of your questions, we will post updates when we know.

Kind regards
Steve

Steveem7
14 Jan '20

Afternoon

Just by way of an update, the works are scheduled for 16/1/20

Steve

SE23188
15 Jan '20

I had an induction to the gym last week, which was brilliant - really helpful. I understand that more machines are on their way, so it’s not a complete process yet. It would be great if this was communicated at the gym though - maybe some notices to that effect - and communicated via social media/website also? Also, could the machines have more instructions on them/by them, that explain how to use them, and could the gym instructors that work there wear something so that we know who they are - or maybe a staff photo/information panel to display this sort of information. All seems to be improving, but communicating what is being done seems to be a bit hit and miss!

DevonishForester
15 Jan '20

changing rooms? showers? additional machines in gym?

Steveem7
16 Jan '20

Hi, the works for the showers.

Steveem7
16 Jan '20

Dear all

I have some good news. Alan Peel our Maintenance Manager managed to get the engineers to attend site a day early so we now have hot water. I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue and i’d like to thank Alan for his hard work chasing this up daily over the last week.

We hope to have further news on the gym and defects issues in the near future.

Kind Regards
Steve

jemma
18 Jan '20

Hi Steve,

It is excellent to have hot water once again. Unfortunately out of the 3 poolside showers I tried yesterday, one was not working at all, one had a malfunctioning shower head and one worked properly.

Great to see things moving in the right direction, but it would be great if some spare parts could be ordered as the shower faults have been an issue for some time.

Many thanks

DevonishForester
23 Jan '20

Does he/she have a name? I assumed you were the manager since you were apparently speaking on behalf of Fusion or Forest Hill Pools.

Please can you tell me where I can address this question for an answer? Can Forest Hill Pools introduce table tennis? A decent table costs less than £500. It could be bookable by the hour, and I think would be popular.

Steveem7
23 Jan '20

Hi

Good idea on the table tennis table, we will have a look into it, I do like a game!

Her name is Mannie. I will ask her to join this network. I am actually the Business Manager so I have all of the sites in Lewisham.

The next session will be posted soon.

Thanks
Steve

Kipya
24 Jan '20

I rather hope that the 1st floor showers will be fixed and the poolside showers put on a maintenance programme, before branching out into table tennis. Keeping an eye on the job in hand might be appropriate.

I say ‘in hand’ but the showers might be on the list of things not to do…?

robin.orton
30 Jan '20

Water in poolside showers only cool/lukewarm this morning. Told front desk, who didn’t know about it.

Dave
30 Jan '20

Here’s an idea. Why don’t they have a whiteboard behind reception with “current issues” in the centre? When things change, it could be updated. That way every user and staff member would know what’s going on.

Mannie
30 Jan '20

Good Afternoon,

I am sorry to hear you felt the staff were unaware of the pool temperature error this morning.

We have escalated the problem to our technical manager who is currently on site rectifying this.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

OutlookEmoji-157962497776636034fd1-0d6c-475c-a84f-58436357fec3.png

···

Kind Regards

Mannie Carmichael** ** ** **| General
Manager

Forest Hill Pools

Fusion Lifestyle

Dartmouth Road

Forest Hill

London. SE23 3HZ

Mannie.Carmichael@fusion-lifestyle.com

www.fusion-lifestyle.com

Dave
4 Feb '20

Welcome to the forum, @Mannie and thanks for your update.

Will anyone from the Pools / Fusion management team be attending the Forest Hill award assembly on Saturday?

Pea
4 Feb '20

Went to the pools today. Hot water but some of the pool showers not working and all but one of the hairdryers broken. Urgh.

Mannie
5 Feb '20

Hi Dave, where is it taking place and what time? I will see what I can do!

anon5422159
5 Feb '20

All the info is here: Forest Hill Assembly - Saturday 8th Feb, Forest Hill Pools

marymck
6 Feb '20

24 days ago Steve posted on this thread:

The Pools are on the Agenda, @SophieDavis has invited Lewisham Council’s officer responsible to attend and the Assembly is being held at the Pools. So I really hope you or whoever is the duty manager that day will attend.

Mannie
7 Feb '20

Hi Pea, these have now been replaced!

Mannie
7 Feb '20

Yes myself and Matthew Houghton (Divisional Sports & Community Development Manager) will be attending.

Daffodil
9 Feb '20

I have a query about the pool timetable. Is it a new thing that it’s Lane-only swim In the main pool on Sundays? There used to be family swim as well as lanes on Sundays in the main pool. Some confused looking kids in the pool foyer today…
I have emailed the pools, will see what response I get.

TL
9 Feb '20

Hi Steve - I have just had the most unacceptable experience at FHP, with your team leader laughing in my face (3 times) calling me ‘love’ in a sarcastic fashion, trying to get his young colleagues pulled into the situation - utterly unacceptable - refusing to give me the name of the manager and telling me to leave when I asked what the complaints process is. Please can you provide an email address to enable me to contact you direct and outline the situation in full?

knot_in_denial
9 Feb '20

I believe it should be family swim all Sunday (until 4.30pm). However, family swim was cancelled today because of ‘staffing issues’ - I take it that means a rostered staff member called in sick.

Obviously these things happen but occasions of ‘staffing issues’ causing closure of the learning pool and preventing family swim on weekends are frequent: so frequent that one would hope that FHP put thought into measures to ensure that the relatively likely and foreseeable occurrence of single staff member’s absence would not prevent scores of families and children from using the pool on the weekend.

Am sorry to gripe again but as the topic was raised thought to throw it into the mix of issues that need addressing. Was there any progress at the council meeting at FHP yesterday? @SophieDavis

Daffodil
9 Feb '20

Thank you, I did wonder if this was the issue. Sunday is a popular day for families to go swimming. They should have a contingency in place. The main pool had only a few lane swimmers in it apparently, and the learner pool was totally full…

marymck
9 Feb '20

I went to the Forest Hill Ward Assembly at the Pools yesterday. I’m not a user of the pools or gym and I couldn’t hear some of the questions that were asked from the floor, as some ladies waved away the microphone despite the co-ordinator’s best attempts to get them to use it.

Mannie, the new pools manager, did her best to answer questions. She had a male colleague (Matthew?) with her.

I did feel for her as she was rather ambushed by James Lee’s [Lewisham Director of Culture and Community (job share)] announcement that Lewisham has had the results of an in depth survey, which revealed that the wooden timber frame that the showers were built on as part of the original [re]build has shifted. James said that the developers would be responsible and Lewisham would go back to them to pursue that claim - although Lewisham also has insurance that will cover it. Neither Mannie nor Fusion had been told about that in advance.

James Lee had been at the Assembly to talk about NCIL and lead what we all though was going to be a table top group discussion about funding priorities. But that isn’t how it played out.

James gave a talk and answered a few questions about NCIL, then moved straight on to talk about the Pools (prior to the audience NCIL discussion). He dropped the bombshell about the structural problems and introduced Mannie and her colleague. Then he left. I might have blinked and missed him saying he was going, but he handed the mic over and then I thought he was just going to the back of the room to get a cup of tea, but he walked straight out.

So poor Mannie was left to it. She’s barely had time to get her feet under the table and she’s obviously inherited quite a shambles.

She said they have a staff shortage - especially of life guards. They are recruiting. Though it was pointed out by an audience member that a lot of their problems weren’t down to recruitment - e.g. lack of name badges.

An audience member said the fact that they have such a high staff turnover could be an indication that they’re not valuing their employees. Do they pay enough? Matthew said they pay the London Living Wage. How does that attract someone to such a responsible job?

It would have been helpful if James Lee - who was clearly in a position to help answer some of the questions - had stayed. Leo did his best with fielding them - and with the delayed NCIL discussion (again minus James Lee) that followed. It wasn’t very satisfactory.

Dave
9 Feb '20

Thanks very much - this is really good for those of us who couldn’t be there. Who was chairing the meeting? It does seem a bit out of order that one of the main (and in council terms, senior) people present should just get up and leave.

The problems with the upstairs showers sound very serious. Other than the stuff about working out who’s going to pay, was James Lee able to give any clue as to how long the remedial work is likely to take?

marymck
9 Feb '20

Leo Gibbons was chairing it. He was doing his best, but really it wasn’t fair on him. I got the impression he wasn’t expecting to be flying solo though - maybe he was expecting James Lee to stay, as was I.

I fear the repairs will take a long time, given that they’re structural and the Council is referring the matter back to the developers. It is rather worrying, because if they got this wrong, what else have they got wrong?

According to Lewisham’s website:

“Willmott Dixon Construction Limited have worked alongside Roberts Limbrick Architects and Fusion Lifestyle …” [on the Pools project]

maxrocks
9 Feb '20

I remember when the pools first opened (oh those halcyon days when hopes were high about the long awaited brand new pool and fitness facilities) there were Lifeguards and fitness instructors that I got to recognise who seemed to care.
After around 18 months they all seemed to have gone and certainly the standards of back of house (ie changing rooms) and poolside observation as in telling off unruly kids seemed to go downhill with their departure.
Abut 2 years after opening was when I felt it all became more chaotic.
classes cancelled last miniute front desk being clueless, etc etc etc …
I gave up and left about 2 years ago,would love to go back due to its convenience to home but until I’m confident that is safe, clean and well run I’m afraid my yearly membership fee has gone elsewhere.

marymck
9 Feb '20

This is Willmott Dixon’s webpage about the Pools …

marymck
9 Feb '20

And this is Roberts Limbrick’s …

https://www.robertslimbrick.com/projects/forest-hill-pools

Steveem7
10 Feb '20

Hi

That post was 2010?
Steve

marymck
10 Feb '20

In the link? Probably. But by searching yesterday it was all I could find on their website about the Pools rebuild. Have you info to share? I don’t know who was responsible. Roberts Lubrick, Willmott Dixon or Fusion? All 3 it seems were involved at the time and I don’t know if you used Lewisham’s Building Control, or an independent, or if this was a self certifying matter.

se23blue
10 Feb '20

Thanks for your report,but if like me you don’t know what NCIL stands for it is hard to understand what was discussed or not.

ForestHull
10 Feb '20

I think Lewisham themselves are a bit jargony on this front (e.g. see the various meeting agendas and such), but this link should help:

marymck
10 Feb '20

It stands for Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy. That was supposed to be the main focus of the meeting and it’s what James Lee was there to explain.

The agenda and links are here …

We now know it’s a tad over 32K to be spent on the priorities set as a result of the consultation that LBL ran on Commonplace, which I believe featured in an earlier thread on this site. The Assembly audience seconded those priorities. From memory top of the list was Transport and Streets. Community safety was in there too. Only 32K though and this replaces the Assembly funds, which people bid for in the past.

Edit: maybe this needs to be in a separate thread, as I only intended to mention it in passing here?

Edit 2 to say oops sorry, I hadn’t seen @ForestHull 's reply whike I was typing.

LeoGibbons
21 Feb '20

Hi everyone,

Sorry for arriving so late to this discussion.

Firstly, I’d like to apologise for the Assembly meeting. I only found out 1 minute before the meeting started that James Lee would have to leave early. I had been expecting him to stay for the duration of the meeting, allowing him to answer questions on the Pools and Fusion. Sadly, this did not happen and unfortunately, I accept I was not as prepared as I should have been.

I’ve spoken to James and he has apologised, he had expected the meeting to start earlier and he had to leave due to childcare responsibilities. He also informed me that he has personally apologised to Mannie and Matthew from Fusion as they were clearly left in a difficult position.

James has said he is happy to come to the next Assembly to discuss Forest Hill Pools and the work going on behind the scenes between LBL and Fusion. He’ll be happy to field any questions that members of the Assembly might have. Myself and Sophie have warmly welcomed his invitation and will try and ensure there is space on the next Assembly agenda for further discussion.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Leo

maxrocks
21 Feb '20

I’m personally wondering how Fusion have been able to retain the contract to run Lewisham’s fitness facilities when they lost their contracts in other boroughs?
Our local site has been badly run from the start and no matter of promises from Fusion have over all these years put it right.
Granted structural issues with the build can’t be blamed on them but cancelled classes, poorly maintained facilities can.
I go to Beckenham Spa to use the pool which is ridiculous when I live 10 mins walk from FHP but filthy toilets, changing areas that smelt of pee, ditto showers, and lack of interest or involvement when teens are going crazy jumping in the pool on swimmers and a general feeling of being in cloudy slimy water have made me stop going there.

Mannie
25 Feb '20

Hi Max, I’m sorry to hear you are not happy with how Fusion are managing the leisure centre.
I have been with Fusion for just over a month now and I am aware we have some teething issues.
Over the last few weeks we have had a massive focus on cleaning standards. We have had our previous cleaners replaced and are having our new ones follow a strict cleaning schedule, walking round with them inspecting daily, as well as the staff on shift also following cleaning schedules.
We are aware of some maintenance issues and are trying our best to keep on top of these.
If you would like to give us another try I’m happy to give you a week trial of the facilities? Let me know if you wish to take up my offer!
Mannie (General Manager @ FHP)

Pea
25 Feb '20

Hi Mannie.
When will the baby pool re open, as apparently it’s closed because of temperature issues. :cry: Thanks.

Andrea_James
25 Feb '20

Yes I’d like an update on the pools and their temperature. I’m paying for swimming lessons when my kids can’t attend because the pool temp is too cold. After the cold showers for weeks it’s all just a bit ridiculous now.

Jo1234
25 Feb '20

I just visited the swimming pool on Sunday.
Yes, the water was not clear, I could not see anything much with gogle on. Women’s changing room, once there was a man in there changing as normal, since then, I do not even go in there. Shower was actually warm, but water in the pool was cold.
Would be good to improve the changing room smell. and should be doing something about women’s changing room. I feel unsafe.

CHfigaro
25 Feb '20

Have you changed cleaning contractor or just changed the staff?

Dave
25 Feb '20

Hi @Mannie and thanks for your efforts in joining and sharing info. Are you able to tell us if another meet the manager session has been organised yet? Thanks.

Mannie
26 Feb '20

Hi Andrea, we have ordered 2 new pumps which have been signed off, so we should have the pool open again in the next 2-3 weeks max

Mannie
26 Feb '20

Hi Pea, this will be 2-3 weeks max, we have ordered 2 new pumps so as soon as they arrive (hopefully sooner) works will be done immediately but this is the benchmark we have been given.

Mannie
26 Feb '20

We have changed the cleaners, we still use KGB. Pedro and Honey have been working hard and listened to all instructions given, following the cleaning schedule.

Fishface
26 Feb '20

I’ve literally witnessed one of the staff doing the ‘rounds’ picking up litter from the changing rooms but leaving a cubicle full of tissue and god knows what completely untouched.

Mannie
26 Feb '20

If you see a member of staff doing this please do not hesitate to knock on my office and I will get it sorted :slight_smile:

Mannie
26 Feb '20

Hi Dave, we just had one on the 20th Feb, next one is on the 28th March at 10am

marymck
26 Feb '20

Can I suggest you post the dates of any upcoming meet the manager sessions on the events page on this site please? I assume it was advertised at the Pools via a poster or somesuch? But it would have been useful to flag up the 20th Feb session on here too.

Dave
26 Feb '20

Ah. We were away for the school half-term. Sorry to have missed it. I didn’t realise it was on - was it advertised via twitter as the previous one was?

Andrea_James
26 Feb '20

Thank you @Mannie for responding, fingers crossed!

Mannie
26 Feb '20

Hi Dave we advertised it on Facebook!

Mannie
26 Feb '20

Hi Mary, so next 3 dates for meet the manager are:

• 28th March 10am

• 22nd April 10am

• 21st May 10.30am

maxrocks
26 Feb '20

Thank you for your engagement on this thread.
It actually at last feels like someone cares.
And thank you for your kind offer.
My other half is still a member of the centre so I may pop down at some point in the coming weeks to try out the gym and see how it feels with the new equipment.

Dave
10 Mar '20

Hi @Mannie - is there any update on the boiler which you can share here? Thanks.

Mannie
11 Mar '20

Hi Dave,

We have been given a benchmark of March 16th for parts to arrive so by next week everything should be back to normal.

LdnLady
17 Aug '20

When is Forest Hill Pools Leisure Centre likely to reopen?

Steveem7
17 Aug '20

Hi

We are currently working with our partners at Lewisham council to re-open the facilities. More information will be posted as and when we have it. I’ve attached some frequently asked questions to help you further.

Our team are still on Furlough so I will be monitoring facebook and other social messenger channels a couple of times per week.

Kind Regards

Steve

https://www.fusion-lifestyle.com/faq/

Kannon
17 Aug '20

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the details.
I wonder that if you run a kid’s (year 2) swimming course when you reopen? if so, I would like to sign up for a membership for my son.

Hope to hear your advice.

Best,
Atsuko

Steveem7
18 Aug '20

Hi Atsuko

My advice is to wait as we are still working with Swim England on how we bring back Swim School.

Steve

robin.orton
18 Aug '20

Can we read Steve’s contributions as implying that Fusion have still got the contract?

ForestHull
18 Aug '20

That was my thinking too and the timing of it certainly looks that way. If that is the case, I think it can only be a good thing - changing company would surely be complex and lead to even more disruption, uncertainty and possible delays in reopening.

@Steveem7 - are you allowed to tell us anything? please?

Steveem7
18 Aug '20

Hi, all I know is what I shared previously sorry.
Steve

Kannon
18 Aug '20

Sure, thank you Steve for your quick response.

Best wishes,
Atsuko

anon5422159
26 Aug '20

Continues: Forest Hill Pools: Greenwich Leisure Limited to take over management (previously Fusion)