Archived on 6/5/2022

Found a hungry-looking Ginger Cat

Kieronjg
7 Jul '21

For the last few days a ginger cat has been appearing in my front garden as well as a few of the neighbours where Brockley View meets Codrington Hill, not seen it before. Very friendly and approachable, but looks a little unkempt and hungry. I gave it some chicken scraps and some milk and it gobbled it down like it hadn’t seen food for ages.

Not sure on the gender. Has a unique meow where it struggles to get out a proper meow.

If this cat sounds like yours then please let me know on 07776784932. If it’s still hanging around next week I’ll contact Cats Protection as it does look very hungry.

Would take it in but not allowed pets in the house.

starman
7 Jul '21

Thank you for taking an interest in this puss.

One tip. Most cats are lactose intolerant so milk can upset them. Best to just give some fresh water.

ForestHull
8 Jul '21

Hi @Kieronjg - do you have a picture of the cast that you could post?

And welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Thewrongtrousers
8 Jul '21

Do let us know how this progresses. They often have a chip from which any vet can identify the cat. If you don’t have a basket just shout out here, and i am sure someone will be able to lend you one. i had a little lost kitty come round my back door about three winters ago. Crying in the snow so it was. The vet identified it and it was restored to its anxious and relieved owner who thanked her lucky stars.

Jack
8 Jul '21

This cat was outside mine all night a few days ago. There’s been an update. She was taken to the vet tonight. She’s an older lady and has a thyroid problem - hence why she’s skinny.

Not chipped. But still could have an owner. If you see her please don’t let her in or feed her. Give her a chance to try and get home if she has one. See below

GillB
10 Jul '21

Ah poor puss. Really hope her owner is found ASAP.

Sophie_Sydenham
14 Jul '21

I’ve just made a new post about this cat. He’s actually a boy - apparently I don’t know as much about cats as I thought. He’s been checked over by the vet who reckons he’s pretty healthy so he good for the time being.

Let me know if you have any information on where he lives.