Archived on 6/5/2022

[ FOUND ] Missing cat – black & white shorthair Jack (Bovill Road)

scottross
12 Aug '20

Update: Jack has been found!

Jack went missing from Bovill Road on 10 August. He’s a large adult black & white British shorthair (aka “tuxedo cat”), with white legs, stomach, and chest.

He normally roams between Bovill, Whatman, and Agnew Roads, and isn’t shy about inviting himself into people’s homes.

He’s not wearing a collar, but he is microchipped.

Any tips or information would be gratefully received‬.

anon5422159
12 Aug '20

Sorry to hear about Jack. I remember him from my time living in Ebsworth.

I’ve shared your post on our social channels:

:facebook: SE23.life Page (3,820 followers)
:twitter: @SE23.life (4,920 followers)
:twitter: @SE23_Tweets (560 followers)
:twitter: @SE23Cats (300 followers)

scottross
12 Aug '20

Thanks Chris. Much appreciated!

dunebuggy
12 Aug '20

Hello, we live on Bovill Rd and have welcomed Jack in a few times. Will keep a look out for him, good luck.

cakejake
12 Aug '20

Hope he is found soon, he’s such a lovely cat.

I’ve shared on the Facebook forum SE23 Mums and messaged friends in the area.
Kate, Bovill Road

scottross
12 Aug '20

Jack is back!

It seems he got disorientated in the heat, and spent the last two days with a woman living nearby. When Jack’s condition didn’t improve, the resident very kindly took him to a local vet.

If anyone knows this woman, please do let me know – I’d love to thank her!

Thanks for all the shares and well-wishes. Good to know the HOP cat brigade is still out in force!

scottross
12 Aug '20

@dunebuggy And I thought I’d uncovered all of Jack’s second homes! :wink: Just don’t let him bully you into feeding him – that cat will do anything to circumvent his diet.

@cakejake Thanks Kate – much appreciated. I was actually going to check in with you once our flyers were printed (unless you’re not the Kate I’m thinking of!).

dunebuggy
12 Aug '20

Ah that’s good news. I know how Jack feels.

GillB
13 Aug '20

He is so distinctive looking with his black head. So pleased he is back home :grinning: