Archived on 6/5/2022

Free books in a skip on Lowther Hill!

Nat_Ned
29 Jun '20

clausy
29 Jun '20

Retake this with a photo of you holding a Kindle and then contact the marketing department at Amazon :slight_smile:

Nat_Ned
29 Jun '20

Good idea! :bulb:

Londondrz
29 Jun '20

Breaks my heart to see books in a skip :disappointed_relieved:

tux_dog
29 Jun '20

Quite a dramatic way to give up on reading Ulysses, is that

Mac_SE23
30 Jun '20

Me too. We did try charity shops but none would take them, no space, apparently. Btw, the books are only on the top.

Londondrz
30 Jun '20

Fair enough and kudos for trying!

Nat_Ned
30 Jun '20

They are pretty much all gone btw Mac! Has been fun to see people rummaging!

oakr
30 Jun '20

I nabbed 2 yesterday and as I left a familyncamenalong to have a look also. Debated taking the table football as it reminded me of one from my childhood, but we already have one but I am hoping someone took it to repair.

Mac_SE23
30 Jun '20

That’s great to hear, thanks for letting me know. Val would be so happy to know others are now getting pleasure from them. And also, thanks for sharing this, was lovely to meet you guys on Sunday.

Nat_Ned
1 Jul '20

So nice to meet you three! And I’ve enjoyed watching the skip’s progress! I saw one guy on Monday pretty much emptying out the whole thing shouting about treasure - he was happily loading the Marilyn Monroe can and all the toy cars into his swag bag!! X

Mac_SE23
1 Jul '20

That’s so funny, amazing what a decent skip of free stuff brings out in people! Bit of a shame it’s rained the last couple of days but hopefully everyone’s had a good rummage and got what they wanted by now. BTW hope any books you took aren’t holding up the decorating, perfect weather for that right now! X

Nat_Ned
3 Jul '20

Fat chance! I’m still tasked with the ceiling, which is the wrong way round given I’m vertically challenged!! Moving back to Duncombe Hill on Monday! See you around the hood soon Mac.

system
1 Sep '20

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.