Archived on 6/5/2022

Free furniture

appletree
28 Jun '21

Free: sofa bed, Designers Guild upholstery, a bit old now but still in good shape. IKEA Ektorp chair, beige, and matching Ektorp footstool (same as pictured but beige, not red).

Chair and footstool need to go by the end of 4 July; sofabed can wait longer (it’s not accessible for a few days). Please DM if interested.

SoutheastHoop
28 Jun '21

@appletree I’d be interested in the footstool - can you send a picture to show condition please?
Thanks, George

appletree
28 Jun '21

Here are some pics — let me know if you need more. Slightly dirty but cover washable. It doubles as storage.

appletree
28 Jun '21

Hi George, I posted some pics on SE23.life; here is the best one. Let me know if it suits you.

best wishes, Anne

SoutheastHoop
29 Jun '21

Hi Anne,

It’s not quite what I’m looking for, but thanks for posting the pictures.

George

appletree
29 Jun '21

No problem!

appletree
30 Jun '21

Bumping as this furniture is still available. It will have to go to the tip on Sunday so please get in touch if you know anyone who wants it. We also have various IKEA Billy bookshelves.

honoracorn
30 Jun '21

Hello, If you’re not able to find someone, you could organise a free collection with British Heart Foundation. Not sure they will be able to do it before Sunday but worth a try. Took ours and were very professional.

appletree
30 Jun '21

Thanks — I worry they won’t take things that are up four flights of stairs…but I will check.

Scorpion
30 Jun '21

Hi,

Can you roughly pinpoint what part of SE23 you are in and nearest main road please?

Regards.
Sue

appletree
30 Jun '21

Hi, we are just south of Kirkdale near Dartmouth Road.

Scorpion
30 Jun '21

Ooh!
I live on the Shackleton Close Estate and would love the footstool and maybe an Ikea Billy also (to carry home) which is why I asked where.
What dimensions are your Billy’s please?

Regards
Sue

appletree
30 Jun '21

Great! We have quite a few Billies of different veneers. There are several 80 cm wide x 202cm tall in birch (some are older and a bit darker, one pretty new but with a slot for a wall plug cut out of it). In oak veneer there is one 80 cm wide x 106 cm high and another oak one at80 cm wide and 202 cm high, but also with a slot for a plug cut out.

Let me know what you think.

appletree
30 Jun '21

Of the somewhat darker birch veneer, there are also several 40 cm wide x 202 cm tall.

appletree
1 Jul '21

Sue, please contact me about collection as otherwise I will have to send things to the tip this weekend.

Scorpion
1 Jul '21

Hi, sorry but it will not now be possible for me to come to collect anything from you. Thank you very much for offering though and I hope someone finds use for them
Regards.

appletree
1 Jul '21

Ok, thanks very much.

system
30 Aug '21

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.