Archived on 6/5/2022

Free massages - volunteer needed

holasarita
4 Jun '16

Hello! I am a qualified holistic massage therapist looking for a volunteer to help me complete my case studies to pass an exam.

I am looking for a female or male aged 50+ who is in good health (not suffering from any major illness or recovering from an operation), who lives in Honor Oak Park.

The lucky volunteer will receive 4 x 1 hour massages. It’s a full body massage of the back, legs, feet, hands, arms, abdomen, chest and face. I need someone who can commit to 4 treatment sessions (ideally 2 per week over 2 weeks).

Holistic massage (also called Swedish massage) uses a range of different techniques to promote relaxation, relieve muscle pain and tension, reduce stress and anxiety and improve health and wellbeing. The treatment is tailored to your needs and aims to treat the whole person to balance the mind and body.

Please note that this is not a sexual service! I cannot stress this enough!

I am fully qualified and I studied in Spain but I am working towards an international qualification to allow me to practice in the UK and abroad. If you are interested please get in touch (no massage pun intended there!).

anon64893700
4 Jun '16

Do not too often I’m too young for things these days. 43 isn’t 50, which is a shame as I love a good massage (God knows I need one!)

Best of luck @holasarita

holasarita
4 Jun '16

Have you spoken with your GP/fibromyalgia nurse about how massage can reduce your symptoms and help with pain management? Worthwhile looking into…

anon64893700
4 Jun '16

That’s a bit of a surprise @anon65350507, wouldn’t have guessed that.
Guess for now I will have to keep paying for my massages lol.

Lorna_Fagan
4 Jun '16

It’s great that we share the same passion! I hope you find a suitable case study soon.

If theres anyway I can be of assistance, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Lorna

thirstforwine
4 Jun '16

Big fan of massage and someone who has benefitted enormously from qualified practitioners in the past (as a back pain sufferer). Sadly, and I don’t get too say this often enough, I too am too young (a mere 45). I do recommend it to anyone who has not tried it though. Good luck @holasarita

Annabellina
6 Jun '16

Hola holasarita. I think I fit the bill having just hit my half century last week and live in HOP… would be very pleased to help!

holasarita
7 Jun '16

Fantastic! I’ll pm you with a few questions!

holasarita
7 Jun '16

I’ve had one lovely volunteer already who I’ve contacted but if it doesn’t work out your husband is next on my list to contact!

holasarita
10 Jun '16

I’ve already sent you a message as I haven’t received a reply from my first volunteer!