Archived on 6/5/2022

FreeStationWifi at London Bridge

Michael
27 Feb '18

For those of us who spend too long hanging around London Bridge station waiting for the next cancellation to be confirmed on the screens, there is good news from Network Rail.

Millions of station users are set to benefit from the launch of free Wi-Fi in London Bridge station. It becomes the second Network Rail managed station to offer free Wi-Fi to station users, after Euston.

The station caters to more than 50 million people each year, and they are set to benefit from a free Wi-Fi service and content hub which offers a host of features including:

• High speed Wi-Fi
  • Travel updates
  • Downloadable magazines
  • Movie trailers
  • A kids zone
  • A retail section including a directory and details of any offers.

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk/london-bridge-goes-digital-free-wi-fi-arrives-station

faultythinking
28 Feb '18

I saw that Wifi name yesterday, and assumed too good to be true - obvious trap! Sounds like it’s legit though, so great!

jrothlis
28 Feb '18

I hope it’s better than the Wifi on the Southern trains! It’s going to have be proper industrial grade to cope with the thousands of people that are going to be hanging off it – my EE 4G really slows to a crawl at LB.

Andy
28 Feb '18

In the evenings, GiffGaff have no bandwidth in large parts of London including at London Bridge. I though that O2, who support the GiffGaff MVNO, may be implementing a QOS differentiation to prioritise O2 customers, but I hear that O2 customers cannot even load simple web pages in London Bridge station at peak time.

anon51837532
1 Mar '18

And given that demand rises exponentially when travellers are forced to wait at gates and begin to search for updates - the No Service status happens very frequently.

I’m on O2 and don’t have any perception that I fair any better.