Archived on 6/5/2022

Good opticians?

hojo
24 Oct '20

Looking for a decent place locally now that I’m not commuting to the office. Somewhere that does glasses and contact lenses and is friendly and professional. Thanks.

Dave
24 Oct '20

R Woodfall in Sydenham are great. We were recommended them by a friend who has been going since she was a child and they’re professional and friendly.

bigmacca1
24 Oct '20

Can recommend opticians just past Sainsburys London Rd , London Eye Care Centre .
0208699 3196 . Good service, Good selection of Frames + Products, Always a thorough eye test.

Londondrz
25 Oct '20

Seconded for London Eye Care Center. Really good.

caroline.perret
30 Apr '21

The London Eye Centre next door to the Sainsburys in Forest Hill is fantastic: the people there are both friendly and professional. They have a great selection of glasses, from NHS frames to designers, and they are very reasonable too. And it is easy to park.

Sherwood
1 May '21

I use Specsavers in Catford.
Reasonable price and helpful staff.

StuartG
1 May '21

I second Woodfalls. Known John, the proprietor for more years than I care to remember. A great and successful pillar of the community and always ahead of the game.

Just don’t mention Specsavers¡

GillB
6 May '21

Every pair of glasses my husband has got from spec savers break. One of the arms just snaps off. He sometimes has only had them no longer than a year!

starman
6 May '21

These are not local but are by London Bridge station. Cubitts have a great range of stylish frames. Most are £125 including standard prescription lenses and an eye test. The eye tests are better and more thorough then any I’ve paid for at Boots or similar. The frames are really high quality and if there is an issue with fit you can pop in anytime.

https://www.cubitts.com/

Edit: I just saw they now offer a completely bespoke service to design and fit to your face for £325 including lenses. I’ve paid that fashion frames from other opticians.