Archived on 6/5/2022

Good venue for DJs?

Iain
23 May '17

Helping my son look around for a venue him and his mates can put a DJ night on at. He says it’s quite ‘down tempo’ stuff and no entry fee. First time for them all so they want somewhere with all the facitilies but not too costly on the hire fee. Peckham/Forest Hill. Any DJs, punters or venue owners with knowledge of this?

anon5422159
23 May '17

Hi @Iain, and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

I’d be a keen punter for any local downtempo/electronica/lounge night.

Regarding venues for local DJs, the following spring to mind (and are engaged with the local community)

Intimate: @TwoSpoons, @StDavid
Larger: @Sylvanpost, @TheHillLoungeBar, The Signal

Iain
23 May '17

Thanks Chris. This is super with the links. thanks also for your early support, would be great to see you down there of course. I’ll be sure to get him to post something on this site when they’ve chosen the venue.

Foresthillnick
24 May '17

The Honor Oak Pub has DJs on so they may be able to get a night in there.

Iain
24 May '17

Thank you nick. I will check on them too.

Matthew_Benney
24 May '17

The Nines in peckham is a really good little venue with a private room to the side. Not much of a hire fee and a small minimum bar spend. Think it was 240 hire and 500 behind the bar. Equipment hire may be extra, we bought our own.

Iain
25 May '17

Thanks Matthew. Sounds good except the fee. they were hoping to find something for anything up to £100 with or without a bar amount too. Venues certainly know how to charge.