Archived on 6/5/2022

Greggs

HOPcrossbun
1 Oct '19

Was surprised to discover there is a Greg’s in the local area, next to the petrol station on Stanstead road. Perfect for fresh sandwiches and salads for those who want to pick some affordable and fresh food to go when about during the day, something which I previously thought missing from the area.

Andy
1 Oct '19

I’m not sure how I can fit a Steak Bake into any of this categories :thinking:

oakr
1 Oct '19

There is also megabites on Brockley Rise (no 55) near the 171/122 bus stop, which does freshly made sandwiches (inc toasted ones), jacket potatoes etc.

Bolgerp
2 Oct '19

Ooohh. Keep forgetting this is not too far away from my house… and I’m working from home today. Mmmm. Sausage Roll…

Bolgerp
2 Oct '19

Sausage Roll(s) acquired and consumed. burp

promofaux
3 Oct '19

Rude to only get one. Ruder still to not share them with the rest of us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bolgerp
3 Oct '19

I must say, it was quite busy in there at 12.20 or so… lots of people with the same idea as myself… also, that was the first time since I moved to the area 3.5 years ago that I’d been to the Londis either… as petrol station shops go, it’s quite nice with a decent-ish range…

depeche
3 Oct '19

The Londis has been recently refurbed (same time the Greggs was put in). Wasn’t always like that lol

Alisa
3 Oct '19

We’ve found the coffees are much better from the Costa machine - so sausage roll from Greggs and coffee from the machine. Quality breakfast (or lunch or dinner come to think about it).
Also recommend the Costa App - you only notch up 10p back per cup, but has odd offers where you get an extra £1 and worth referring a friend.