Archived on 6/5/2022

Halls/places to hire for childs b.day party

Chan36
22 Jun '18

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a local hall or room for hire. It is for my daughter’s 11th birthday, and we are planning a mini disco.
Thanks, Chan.

GillB
22 Jun '18

St Hilda’s church, at the start of Crofton Park have nice halls that are hired out.

Pauline
22 Jun '18

Whats the dates, and for how many kids?

@V22_Louise_House community space might work or the back room at the library.

oakr
22 Jun '18

We’ve used the hope centre on Malham Road, younger age kids but big enough I expect.

Pauline
22 Jun '18

I do also hire out my shop for kids parties but I don’t think it’s fair for me to expand on on this thread.

anon5422159
22 Jun '18

Expand away! :slight_smile: It’s more than fair, given all you do for this forum and for the community

Pauline
22 Jun '18

Thanks Chris, but I don’t deserve special treatment just because I help.

So let’s say if anyone wants into they can pop by for a chat xx

AgentBlonde
23 Jun '18

Another recommendation for St Hilda’s in Crofton Park. We hired the main hall for my daughter’s birthday disco - it was a brilliant space.

EmmaJ
24 Jun '18

The hall on Jews Walk is spacious and there is a garden at the back. Another contender is Holy Trinity hall on Sydenham Park, a hidden gem but a bit off the beaten track.

armadillo
24 Jun '18

We recently hired the Ismay Building at the South London Scout Centre (behind Sydenham Hill golf club) for a sports themed birthday party.

Good size hall, great kitchen facilities and we were able to use the field to let the kiddies run themselves flat out.

Best of all, because the site is set so far back from any roads - it feels like a little piece of the country slap on the middle of London.

https://www.southlondonscouts.org.uk/our-centre/explore-fort/facilities