Archived on 6/5/2022

Hattush

CHfigaro
6 Jun '16

Any reviews? I’ve not been yet but it always looks busy so far.

anon5422159
15 Jun '16

Quite impressed with Hattush. Just having lunch here at the moment. Friendly staff, nice decor, tasty chicken shish (piping hot, not over-spiced, generous portion size) and free wifi.

anon64893700
15 Jun '16

Ooooh that looks good!
Can we ban posting pictures of food please, it makes me want to eat far too much!

Brett
15 Jun '16

Also try the homemade seftali - very good indeed.

CHfigaro
15 Jun '16

Might try it out for lunch tomorrow!

CHfigaro
19 Jun '16

Went today for lunch. Was overall very impressed. Tasty food. Chocolate cake dessert was a bit dry. They brought me rice when I’d ordered chips but the rice was very good.

DickWynne
19 Jun '16

We’ve eaten there twice and really enjoyed it. I think they could get away with putting about 1/3 less on the plates, we’ve had to leave some dishes unfinished or take the remains away! Bit noisy due to absence of soft furnishings, but that does make for a vibrant atmosphere.

Irmani_Smallwood
23 Jun '16

Been there twice since they opened - wonderful food and service and a really decent and well priced wine list. It’s a hit and a lovely addition to the high street.

queenk
17 Aug '16

Went there for the first time in July and it was fantastic however since then it seems the quality has gone down (unless last night was a one-off incident!). Service was slow, fish was not fresh, they’ve definitely changed the bread they are serving and the chilli sauce was not homemade like last time. Plus our lamb shank was lukewarm. I emailed them to give feedback. Would be helpful if others gave feedback too! Hard to find good local restaurants so really want Hattush to up their game again and not just be great for the opening weeks then let things slip in the future to save on costs!

Brett
17 Aug '16

This doesn’t chime with my experience there so I hope this was a one off. But whether it was or not, why email? Surely, these things are better mentioned at the time so that you give the restaurant a chance to fix things for you!

queenk
17 Aug '16

Yes I know - I was in front of my family and didn’t want to make a fuss. Plus we were in a rush as my younger sister was falling asleep at the dinner table.

fran
17 Aug '16

I want to like this place more than I actually do. We’ve sometimes been the only people in there and still the service is ridiculously slow, last time I actually ended up getting my own food from the pass despite both owners and two servers sitting around chatting. I still prefer to make the trip to meze mangal which annoys me because I live Turkish food and this is SO CLOSE

Baboonery
18 Aug '16

Been to Hattush once. Thought it was OK, though Dem in Crystal Palace is better.

Jack
18 Aug '16

I went to Hattush a week or so after it opened, and I thought it was terrible.

The food is overpriced and low in quality.
The staff were clueless and kept getting the order wrong - and taking an absoloute age in serving us.

I was looking forward to this place opening, but bitterly dissapointed. I would rather travel up to Dalston or Green Lanes and experience good quality turkish cuisine at a great price

wattsicle
18 Aug '16

I’ve only had take away but the meat and rice is delicious - very tender. In my opinion they’re trying to be too fancy with the side salad - just give me the good traditional Turkish salad with pickles!! The guy who runs it has always been incredibly sweet and friendly when I’ve been in there.

Jerry
19 Aug '16

Went for the first time yesterday for lunch with my wife. Two courses for £8 which in my mind is excellent value. Service was absolutely fine, there were a few tables of people having lunch but no delays with our order. I really enjoyed both the baba ganoush and chicken shish - and the chilli sauce is very obviously homemade and very good.

I would suggest Hattush is given a second try by some as the negative comments above do not chime with my experience whatsoever. A massive improvement on what was on offer there before.

watchman45
19 Aug '16

Have to agree with most comments have eaten 3 times 2 very poor 1 exerlent,need to up ther game ,sea bass comes out cold and dry ,not going again

Ellie_Rogers
19 Aug '16

I find it so disheartening when people review a restaurant, based on one experience and when the place has first opened. If I was to open a restaurant, I’d really hope that people would give me a break while I got on my feet… We have eaten here and the food was good and the service was just fine. To those who say they won’t return, please give it another go.

Kate
25 Aug '16

We’ve been meaning to try Hattush for ages and finally got to go tonight. I was a bit worried for them that they weren’t doing so well after reading some of the reviews on this thread. However, thankfully they were full both inside and outside.
I had the falafel which was really delicious compared to some I’ve tried which have been a bit on the greasy side. My husband also enjoyed his kofta which was one of the chef specials. The waitress and owner were extremely attentive and obviously care very much that their customers are enjoying their meals. They also offered us tea or coffee on the house.
It was such a lovely evening weather-wise tonight too and it was great to see HOP so buzzy with people enjoying sitting outside having drinks/food at various venues along the parade. I do think Hattush has had a great deal to do with this and it is a brilliant asset to the area. I haven’t seen the street so busy for a long time.
Next time we fancy Turkish food, Hattush will be top of our list of places to go.