Archived on 6/5/2022

Help!

Irmani_Smallwood
4 Dec '20

I’m unsure about what sort of tradesperson we would need for this, but the drawer front has just come away from a kitchen drawer in my hand. Looks like the screws have just come loose. Pic attached.

Who do I need?!

hurljy
4 Dec '20

I think a general handyman should be able to sort this out for you. This forum has a list of local recommendations here that should be able to help: Recommended shops and services in SE23

Good luck with it

Irmani_Smallwood
4 Dec '20

Thank you! :blush:

Londondrz
4 Dec '20

If you want to do it yourself, take four matches, remove the heads. Push into the screw holes as far as they will go and cut off any length that extends out if the hole. Now screw the drawer back on. The matches supply the ‘bite’ needed to keep the drawer in place.

Beige
4 Dec '20

They look like Blum drawers to me. She would have to remove the mechanism covers first, use a screwdriver head to rotate the mechanism and detach the draw front fixing bracket and could then use your method to attach the fixing brackets to the drawer front before then remounting the drawer front to the drawer body.

ForestHull
4 Dec '20

Interesting - I thought they were Benchmarx. How nerdy are we, or just me maybe :grinning:

Beige
4 Dec '20

Pretty sure they all use Blum components. Kitchen drawer nerdiness must rank highly on the nerdiness scale.

starman
4 Dec '20

If you do not fancy doing the job yourself, I can recommend going out to Task Rabbit. Enter in what you need, and people will bid on the project. Like with CheckaTrade their services are reviewed and scored by previous users.

We have found them great for those type of tasks which are impossible to find a registered tradesperson for, and don’t have time ourselves.

GotDeletedOnce
4 Dec '20

Oh my god, I have been looking/waiting for a website/service like this for ages now. Thank you so much for sharing.

Irmani_Smallwood
23 Dec '20

Thanks everyone! TaskRabbit it is :blush: