Archived on 6/5/2022

High Thyme

Highthyme
2 May '18

High Thyme

Looking for a cosy café or a local takeaway with a difference?

Look no further, High Thyme has opened its doors since April and offers a wide range of pizzas, burgers, kebabs, salads and flavoursome coffee to enjoy in or take out.

With a fusion of Mediterranean & Oriental flavours across our menu, we are sure there is something for everyone and will have you rushing back for more in no time.

We look forward to welcoming you!

!

hillwalker
2 May '18

where are you?

Highthyme
2 May '18

103 Dartmouth Road, SE233HT.
We will start doing deliveries shortly!

starman
2 May '18

Welcome.

Is this Konrad’s old place?

Pauline
2 May '18

Yes, opposite FH Pools

anon22025233
2 May '18

Not sure when the name is about but I like it all the same :slight_smile:

weepy
2 May '18

Seems like a really nice place. Sorry if I sound like a massive snob but the TV menus is a big turn off for me. Not sure why - it just seems a bit odd.

Highthyme
2 May '18

Well, Jodie, it’s high time you popped in order to see what the name is about - we look forward to seeing you! :slight_smile:

FaeryCatmother
3 May '18

If you start doing deliveries of pasta, I’d be interested. All the places on Deliveroo etc. that do pasta around here have dodgy Scores on the Doors.

Pauline
3 May '18

Surely you mean Thyme as in herbs, BTW I love the name.

Very best of luck & welcome to our merry gang on Dartmouth Road, we’re a happy gang here.

Welcome to our crew :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

MajaHilton
12 May '18

Just had a lovely lunch in here with family and friends.

Can’t wait for the garden to open up as well.

Anotherjohn
12 May '18

I must have just missed you Maja - shame!

I had a late breakfast of eggs royale and it was lovely.

I got chatting to the owner and I had a tour of the prep kitchen downstairs with huge walk-in fridge, steam oven, industrial dough mixer and pizza oven. This guy is doing it properly and he’s got an extensive menu with 82% beef burgers and all sorts of stuff but, to me, it’s not well-advertised enough when you look in at the window.

I really want this man’s place to do well so I politely made a few suggestions on slight changes to the decor and presentation of the menu etc and he was SO receptive. I also brought Robyn from Wild Horses in for some more constructive support because, to be fair and with the greatest respect, first appearances aren’t as welcoming as, say, the Aroma Cafe at the station, whereas, in my opinion, the dish I had was better.

I’m so sorry, I’ve forgotten the chap’s name, but he said that he’d welcome some assistance from a designer to help him with getting it right.

Even without it though, I’m sure a few more customers and a bit more encouragement and the place will be as good as the food.

Highthyme
1 Jun '18

We are excited to announce that on 1st of June we will start our takeaway service which will be available daily from 4pm until 10pm with orders delivered within a 2.5 mile radius or available for collection on our premises.

Below you can find a few offers from our menu.

Spend over £20

Get Free 7’'Garlic Bread with
Cheese

Spend Over £30.00

Get Free 10’'Garlic Bread with
Cheese, 1.5L Bottle

(Not in conjunction with any other offers)

HOT DEALS

HT Side Platter £11.00
(7’’ cheesy garlic bread, potato wedges, Peri Peri wings & onion rings with a choice of 2 dips)

Any 10’ pizza and a can (collection only) £7.50

Any 2x10" pizza, 10’’ garlic bread with cheese, large chips, 2 cans £18.00

Any 12" pizza, 10’’ garlic bread with cheese, spicy wings, potato wedges & 1.5L bottle £20.00

Any 15" pizza, 6 chicken strips, potato wedges, 10’’ garlic bread with cheese & 1.5L bottle £22.00

Wings Master (Flavour Options: Lemon & Herb, Mild Hot, Extra Hot) £15.50
24 Peri Peri wings, 4 regular chips and a 1.5L bottle of drink.

1/4 Peri Peri chicken, chips & drink (Flavour Options: Lemon & Herb, Mild Hot, Extra Hot) £4.90

1/2 Peri Peri chicken, chips & drink (Flavour Options: Lemon & Herb, Mild Hot, Extra Hot) £8.90

1/2 Peri Peri chicken, 6 Peri Peri wings or chicken fillet burger, 2 chips & 2 cans £11.90

For the full menu please check our website: www.high-thyme.co.uk

Pauline
1 Jun '18

Great stuff, I’ve got some 20% discount vouchers my shop if anyone wants to pick one up and give this new place a try

Highthyme
17 Jul '18

Come and try our new delicious sandwiches!

anon5422159
23 Jan '19

Continues: High Thyme to become sushi restaurant