Archived on 6/5/2022

Hit and run - Perry Vale

ZarW22
25 Jun '19

Dear All,

Our car was crashed into whilst I was at work today. The car was parked outside my drive. Would be very grateful if anyone had any information, saw or heard anything.
Many thanks,

oakr
25 Jun '19

That’s annoying but at least no-one was hurt (seemingly).

Do any of your neighbours even further down the street or even any shops further down have CCTV? If you have a rough timeline they might have something as you would assume the other car or van will have some visible damage / maybe pulled over further up the road?

ZarW22
25 Jun '19

Yes I don’t believe anyone was hurt. We have CCTV cameras but sadly they do not cover the end of the drive. We do not live near any shops either. Road marks indicate a large vehicle, the damage also indicates something heavy enough to leave huge dents.
Was it bin day today?

oakr
25 Jun '19

Not sure. Bin day for us is tomorrow morning but for other roads could have been today.

ForestHull
26 Jun '19

Yes, Tuesdays, for Como Road and around…

ZarW22
26 Jun '19

Very luckily someone filmed it on their dash cam! A car drove straight into our parked car and drove off. Very grateful.

oakr
26 Jun '19

That is lucky! And great for you.

The person that did it will be in trouble. Hopefully they were insured and / or your insurance will cover it anyway.

DevonishForester
26 Jun '19

And the police might even take an interest if the offender left the scene without any effort at leaving contact details.

ZarW22
26 Jun '19

Very lucky! They are insured so we are currently going through the police now :slight_smile:

anon5422159
27 Jun '19

Please let us know the outcome @ZarW22. I’m keen to know that justice was served here!

ZarW22
27 Jun '19

Of course, I shall send an update of an outcome.