Archived on 6/5/2022

Hit and Run

Dan
6 Mar '18

At approx. 9:45am this morning a car came pretty close to hitting us whilst it was fully mounted on the pavement.

Police car soon followed behind and we indicated that the getaway car had mounted the pavement then turned left up brockley rise. And they went off in pursuit.

Turns out it had just crashed into a car further up the road outside the bp garage on Stanstead road.

The car fleeing the scene was a black mercedes saloon ( looked like a mid 00’s C class) with the front bonnet and radiator completely smashed in (was a head on collision with the other car).

They guy who was hit was pretty shaken up but not injured.

@SgtBiddle - I passed my number on to the victim but if you want a more detailed description of the driver in the getaway car let me know. Would be good to know if the police end up catching him!

CHfigaro
6 Mar '18

I was hit by a car on the pavement in 2012. They were going too fast around a corner and lost control, mounting the kerb. Not fun!

Beige
6 Mar '18

I saw a driver mount the pavement (75% of the car’s width) to jump the northbound queue on Cranston Road at around 7pm. Reported but no witnesses except myself and didn’t get plate. Not sure a dashcam would have caught anything. Scary stuff though.