Archived on 6/5/2022

Home Security

Emak5
15 Nov '18

Hello, I’d very much appreciate any recommendations for local security services. We had a break in two days ago and need advice ASAP. Thanks all.

Pea
15 Nov '18

Sorry to hear that. We were broken into last summer. They slipped our Yale lock. We invested in new front door locks and a video doorbell. Not foolproof but I believe better.

How did they get in? I hear ADT alarms are v good.

applespider
15 Nov '18

I use a company called Direct Security who are based in West Dulwich. My alarm was installed after a burglary about 10 years ago and they have been excellent at servicing it. Mine texts me and a nearby key holder rather than the full police alert if it goes off.

Emak5
15 Nov '18

They got in through my bedroom window, which was shut tight. The police have been excellent but I’m eager to get sorted.

anon5422159
15 Nov '18

Sorry to hear about your break in @Emak5

We have some recommendations for alarm fitters here: Moving to Forest Hill - Security alarm recommendations

Emak5
15 Nov '18

Thank you so much everyone, didn’t expect this much advice before 9am.

Pea
15 Nov '18

Curiously are you double glazed or single? We’ve just had new double glazed windows which you can get to look in keeping with old style but they have multi point locking mechanisms which are apparently hard to break. Also is your back garden secure? I’d look at that too.

starman
15 Nov '18

Out of interest what area are you in?