Archived on 6/5/2022

Honda pcx 125 stolen from bovill road SE23

Joanne_Hart
24 May '16

My husband’s bike was stolen last night from outside the General Napier. 73 bovilll road forest hill. It was chained and padlocked up!! Police informed. If anyone sees it please message me or contact the police. The crime ref no is CAD10806 thanks. Registration number LX16 CKJ

Londondrz
24 May '16

Gutting news. As an ex scooters and motorcyclist I have lost a fair few to theft. Sorry to hear about it.

anon64893700
24 May '16

Horrible news, I have shared this link with the local police on their Twitter accounts

anon5422159
24 May '16

Really sorry to hear that. The Nap is just round the corner to me (I live in Ebsworth Street). If I see or hear anything I’ll be sure to let you know.

Londondrz
24 May '16

When you do get a new bike get an Almax series 3 chain or similar in the Almax range. They are expensive to buy but virtually uncroppable and quite grinder resistant. Unless the scooter is chained to something solid then it is still open season. I dont mean to sound harsh, I learnt this the hard way.

Londondrz
13 Jun '16

Please be aware the bike thieves are out tonight, two scooters two up in FH at the moment.

MajaHilton
14 Jun '16

It just reminded me that my neighbour’s number plate of his scooter was stolen last week. It was on the day we had the street party almost in front of our noses.

Londondrz
14 Jun '16

Was it a 15 plate?

comoed
14 Jun '16

My neighbour in Como Road had both of his bikes stolen in the same night a month or so ago. The vespa was never recovered but he found the theives pushing the Ducati down the street. They’d dropped it and put the wrong fuel in it. They scarpered but he has seen them around in Forest Hill.

Londondrz
14 Jun '16

I had a coming together with these lovely chaps. They are not nice.

anon5422159
14 Jun '16

Not an easy task for the police to catch these young thugs:

Londondrz
15 Jun '16

Problem is police cannot chase them so the only hope is that they crash. Then all their family will say what lovely kids they are and Sue the police. The lot I saw on Monday were two up, riding through reds, offsiding and onto pavements. They think it fun.

anon5422159
15 Jun '16

Harsh but I totally concur. They are a menace.

Londondrz
15 Jun '16

@anon5422159 You live by the sword…

Joanne_Hart
21 Jun '16

just when you give up all hope , police have found the bike , they said its in a sorry site but can be repaired :stuck_out_tongue:

anon64893700
21 Jun '16

Fantastic news. And hopefully a little faith restorer in the Police for some too :slight_smile:
Hope it’s not too bad a state, and is back on the road again soon.
Very happy for you and your husband.

Joanne_Hart
21 Jun '16

the police guy said its cosmetic damage and been hot wired , but they chased it and the bloke crashed it into a car ,said insurance has to pick it up hopefully we can sort it xx

anon5422159
21 Jun '16

I hope the bike and the car are okay and make a full recovery.

Really pleased to hear you got it back, @Joanne_Hart

anon5422159
22 Jun '16

The thieving sods just turned up outside my house!