Archived on 6/5/2022

House fire in Melford Road

anon27836993
25 May '20

I can see dark smoke from my window looks like it could be in the Forest Hill area or maybe further?? I hope no one was hurt? Looks like it was a fire of come kind?

clausy
25 May '20

A lot less now but smells of burning plastic. Looks like it’s up over Horniman Hill from here

anon27836993
25 May '20

Thank you burning plastic but why? It’s ruining the beautiful sky. Not missing the plane noises it’s been bliss prefer the birds singing.

BigAl
25 May '20

Gross. Some idiot burning plastic I expect which is against the law

Twitter
25 May '20
applespider
25 May '20

Do hope everyone got out safely. What an awful thing to happen and likely to be hard to replace some stuff while in lockdown.

I did hear sirens this morning but it wasn’t til I went out for my run I realised what a huge response it was. And came home to an incident response truck outside my door (parked rather than active)

Sazza
25 May '20

Looks like it was a house fire. Hope that everyone got out ok & all involved are safe.

Sherwood
25 May '20

Burning plastic produces cyanide gas.

anon5422159
25 May '20

Thankfully:

anon5422159
26 May '20
marymck
27 May '20

Thank goodness no one appears to have been hurt physically. But such an awful thing, especially so in these troubled times. It’s bad enough for the people whose house was the source of the fire, but the next door neighbours will have lost their homes too.