Archived on 6/5/2022

Houseplants - free [gone]

alicelh
27 Sep '20

Hi all,

We’ve just adopted an indoor cat so are looking to “rehome” some of our houseplants (due to safety/space).

Here’s some info/pics (plant pots not included though I’m afraid):

1. Golden Dragon Tree (Dracaena fragrans massangeana)

Around 4 feet tall and in good condition. I still have the tag that came with it, which includes some simple instructions.

1. Swiss cheese plant (Monstera deliciosa)

A small Swiss cheese plant. Probably needs re-potting and something to hold it up now that it’s getting bigger! Bought from Pearspring in East Dulwich and I still have the label.

1. Ivy plant (unsure of its official name… maybe a type of Devil’s ivy?)

I’m afraid I don’t have any info about this one… but it’s pretty low maintenance and has lots of new bits sprouting off it!

Just let me know if you’re interested in any/all of them. Thanks! Alice

clausy
27 Sep '20

I’d love the Ivy plant as I don’t have one of those, please.

SJM
27 Sep '20

If it’s still available, I’d love the golden dragon tree, please!

applespider
27 Sep '20

That Dracaena is gorgeous - I’ve spent the last 15 minutes trying to think where I could put it where it would get enough light - and SJM has snuck in.

I’ve enabled private messages for @alicelh and @SJM though so that you can share addresses/numbers privately.

SJM
27 Sep '20

Thanks @applespider!

Eva
27 Sep '20

I’d love the monstera if it’s not been claimed :slight_smile:

Polly_Martin
27 Sep '20

If any of these are still free I’d also really love one!

PV
27 Sep '20

I think that ivy one is a silver pothos, they’re great, we have a massive one trailing from a tiny pot.

alicelh
27 Sep '20

Hi @clausy, the ivy one (or silver pothos as it’s been identified!) is yours! Are you able to message me to arrange a time to collect? Sorry, new to all this so couldn’t work out how to message you! Alice

alicelh
27 Sep '20

Hi @SJM @Polly_Martin @Eva, so sorry but someone got in there really quickly and snapped these ones up!

alicelh
27 Sep '20

Thanks for your help @applespider! It is a gorgeous plant isn’t it, we’ll be sad to see it go (though the cute cat is making up for it!)

clausy
27 Sep '20

Done. Thanks

applespider
27 Sep '20

Just remember that the cat needs watered more often than the houseplants did :wink:

alicelh
28 Oct '20

Hi everyone,
Sorry to bring this thread back - but we actually have a couple more houseplants available, and as they were so popular last time I thought I’d offer them here again.

We’ll be sad to see these ones go, but it’s a case of ‘better safe than sorry’ - our lovely cat has settled well but has taken to trying to chew these two!!!

1. Some kind of dragon tree I think? You’d be welcome to have the pot too. Just a warning that it’s quite heavy so might need a car/help to transport it.

1. Devils ivy. It’s got really long now! But could be trimmed. Again you’re welcome to the pot.

Thanks! By the way I can’t work out how to take the ‘Gone’ out of the title, but will post again to confirm once these are gone!
Alice

Ames
28 Oct '20

Gorgeous plants! Would love the dragon tree - can I check how tall it is?

CharlieP
28 Oct '20

Hello, lovely plants and generous offer! Would gladly rehome the Ivy. Will drop your a DM to see if still free. Thanks, charlie

Ames
28 Oct '20

I can’t work out how to DM, sorry! But I have a car and can come collect

oakr
28 Oct '20

Hi @Ames

@alicelh should be able to DM you and you can then respond, if there are any issues let me know and we can set-up a DM between you.

Thanks

alicelh
28 Oct '20

Thanks so much for your help, I just tried to privately message @Ames but it said I wasn’t able to… it’s very possible I’m doing something wrong though! If you’re able to set up the DM that would be a huge help, thank you!!!

oakr
28 Oct '20

Done- I’ve removed myself from the DM so can’t see if it is working, but should both have a green icon top right and be able to message each other privately now.

alicelh
28 Oct '20

It’s working - thank you again for your help, really appreciated.

Both plants are gone now!

system
27 Dec '20

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.