Archived on 6/5/2022

I miss Honor Oak Provender

AgentBlonde
18 Jun '18

Ok so it wasn’t always brilliantly well stocked but Honor Oak Provender had the best morning croissants in the ‘hood, not to mention the tasty sausage rolls. Does anyone know when (or even if) it’s coming back?

anon5422159
18 Jun '18

I’m worried that the note about repairing a broken power supply has vanished, as has the promise of an opening date.

I used to grab a croissant there almost every day - they’re the biggest croissants in a one mile radius!

Jerry
19 Jun '18

We stopped using this place a long time ago. Uninspiring stock and frequently poor service. I absolutely would support a decent and well run deli and I think the parade of shops would benefit from having one, but I will not miss the Provender at all and hope that it is replaced soon.

Pea
19 Jun '18

Couldn’t agree more. It has always been lacking and the service is mediocre at best. A well stocked well run deli would be a real asset.

AgentBlonde
19 Jun '18

It started so well… I’m hoping the owner is planning a bigger, better comeback soon.

fran
19 Jun '18

It was a terrible deli. Overpriced, lack of choice, and mostly uninterested staff. Can we encourage Jones of Brockley or someone else to open up another branch?

Brett
19 Jun '18

Sadly, that ship has sailed (for a good while at least). He is in a joint venture with Proud Sow for their new branch in Dulwich.

Agreed with others that a good deli would get great support.

Emily
23 Jun '18

Agreed that it was a really really poor deli. Nothing in there, bar overpriced chocolates and the staff were bordering on rude. There are so many lovely and successful delis in the area (Jones, Ladywell, Little Aga’s) that I hope someone who has a similar vision can take it over.

I live very close to the Provender but have not visited in over 6 months. I go to Mr Jones every other week!

CHfigaro
24 Jun '18

I think we can all agree it could have been better. Let’s hope for an improvement as and when it reopens. I think opening hours is a big issue too: with a huge commuter population you need to be open by 7 and until 7 I’d say - that way you can capture impulse breakfast and dinner purchases.

Poppet21
24 Jun '18

Where about’s is Provender in HOP?
I thought you were talking about the one that used to be opposite FH swimming baths.

AgentBlonde
25 Jun '18

It’s in and on Honor Oak Park, a few doors down from Sainsbury’s.

Russ
18 Jul '18

On this topic, there doesn’t seem to be anywhere regularly open prior to 8am on HOP for a decent ‘on the way to work’ commuter coffee. Other than On The Hoof at the station, but enough said really. You’d think Two Spoons or Grounds & Grapes would jump at the chance to grab all of that trade.

anon5422159
20 Jul '18

Continues: Honor Oak Provender open again