Archived on 6/5/2022

If there was an SE23 version of Monopoly

anon64893700
19 Aug '16

Just for fun here, and not to cause any arguments about “my road is better than your road” (well not too much anyway lol)

If the roads, utilities and other such facilities in SE23 were to be put on a Monopoly board, how would it look?

In the interest of fairness, lets pretend that the higher and lower end of the roads are in other postcode, so don’t count.

Make sense?

First up, where would the prison be? :joy:

Michael
19 Aug '16

“Go directly to Miriam Lodge, do not pass Paddy Power, do not collect £200”

The stations are going to be problematic, as we only have two, unless we include Lordship Lane and Honor Oak on the Nunhead Line.

We could arrange for Free Parking to be chargeable after the first 30 minutes.

Sadly I’ve laid out half the board in my head.

anon64893700
19 Aug '16

Haha nice start.
Glad I am not the only one who has thought this through.

Pauline
19 Aug '16

Brilliant Mchael!

Andy
19 Aug '16

The pieces could be:

• a quad bike,
  • a stolen scooter,
  • a Southern train (you miss your first turn each game due to delays),
  • a stolen dog,
  • a white BMW (parked on a pavement), and
  • a Horniman.

It would also be good to see a community library as one of the utilities.

armadillo
19 Aug '16

OMG - that would be amazing! I might have to collate the ideas here, put an order in with these guys - http://www.mylifegames.com, amd bring ot along for the next board games night :joy:

armadillo
19 Aug '16

For the utilities - we have the BT exchange by the CoOp on Stanstead Road, and the electrical substation at the end of Sydenham Park road (nxt to the railay line)

anon64893700
19 Aug '16

Haha loving the suggestions so far.

fran
19 Aug '16

Surely sugar mountain is a utility, powering the kids of se23

Michael
19 Aug '16

I’m afraid I was a bit boring with utilities: Electricity sub station and swimming pool.
The library, in a controversial move, is the community chest.

anon5422159
19 Aug '16

“Advance to Mamma Dough at 6pm or take a Chance”

[ducks] :kissing:

Anotherjohn
20 Aug '16

Equivalents -
Old Kent Road - Perry Vale
Mayfair - Dartmouth Road
(Or was I only joking!)

Foresthillnick
20 Aug '16

!!!

Pauline
20 Aug '16

Dark blue (Mayfair etc)
Dartmouth Road (we have library, pools @ @V22Collection)
London Road (we have @HornimanMuseum )

Green

• Perry Vale
  • Honor Oak
  • crouton Park
Pauline
20 Aug '16

Meant Crofton Park :slight_smile:

anon64893700
20 Aug '16

No higher and lower end of the board Pauline, it’s the rules. No status swinging in this game, all midrange.

anon64893700
20 Aug '16

Lol at the cheeky edit.

Michael
20 Aug '16

Dartmouth Road, London Road, and Honor Oak Park are green - the main shopping roads.

Pauline
21 Aug '16

What’s your Mayfair & Parklane Michael :slight_smile:

Pauline
21 Aug '16

Has to be Michael, otherwise it wouldn’t work properly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

anon64893700
21 Aug '16

Ok feel free to take the idea and run with it. My idea was to not have any premium streets so there is no divide, but hey.
The greens @Michael has are good as they are shopping streets. Hubs as it would be.

Pauline
21 Aug '16

What fun, I found out the brown cards (Old Kent Rd etc) & Darkk blue cards (Mayfair etc) from @Michael at our library meeting this evening & tend to agree with him! Oh the suspense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Lin
22 Aug '16

There’s a Maserati and a Bentley on Lowther Hill so that surely has to be the Mayfair of SE23 or at least Park Lane?

anon64893700
23 Aug '16

Aaah so common these days lol. There is a Masarati 2 streets away from here too. So many lease these cars these days that they have lost their edge as status symbols. (still not cheap of course)

TimLund
23 Aug '16

Not sure if this is allowed from an SE26 resident, but Just Parking might be outside my house.

I’m not a car owner :slight_smile: