Archived on 6/5/2022

Indonesian pop up at the All Inn One pub, Forest Hill

mayakakilima
5 May '17

Hello SE23-ers :slight_smile:

Thrilled to announce that our residency at @AllInnOne started yesterday! :clap::clap::dancers:

We’ll be serving up our favourite Indonesian dishes from our childhood - slow-cooked beef rendang, Balinese-spiced pork belly and Javanese fried chicken, to name a few - all cooked with love to our mother’s recipes.

For those of you who are new to us, we’re 2 half-Indonesian sisters on a mission to bring Indonesian food to SE London. As SE Londoners ourselves (an Honor Oak girl here! :raising_hand::blush::wave:) we’re really passionate about sharing good food with our local community.

We’ll be at @AllInnOne tonight (Friday 5 May) and then every Friday and Saturday from next week till the end of May.

We have lots of veggie and vegan options too, a kids’ menu, and gelato - what more could you want! Full menu attached if you want to have a proper look :slight_smile::+1: You can also check out our Instagram feed if you want to see some of the dishes!

If you want to come along, you can book a table at info@allinnone.org.uk or 020 8699 3311

Hope to see some of you soon!

Maya and Kristy (Kaki Lima)

starman
5 May '17

Do you do takeaway?

mayakakilima
5 May '17

Hi @starman! Yes, we can do takeaway for you, no problem :blush: And there are lots of nice craft beers to sample while you wait :yum: (the wheat beers go particularly well!)

Michael
5 May '17

I LOVE Indonesian food - it’s one of the things that makes Amsterdam so special to me! (so difficult to find Indonesian food elsewhere in Europe). Can’t beat a Rijsttafel!

But can I be a nuisance and ask about gluten in the dishes (particularly the trout and the tofu curry)

mayakakilima
5 May '17

Hi @Michael! So thrilled to meet another lover of Indonesian food!

The trout and the tofu curry are both gluten-free :slight_smile:

Everything else on the menu is also gluten free, apart from the sweetcorn fritters (which contain wheat), the sate and gado-gado (which contain kecap manis). Just make sure to tell the bar staff that you’re gluten free though, so we can leave the dressing off the accompanying cucumber salad (it contains kecap manis too).

Hope to see you soon! :slight_smile::+1:

Foresthillnick
5 May '17

I had one of your brioche buns things from your stall outside the Proud Sow and it was really good - great taste and textures so I’ll be along shortly.

Great pub too!

mayakakilima
5 May '17

Ah, brilliant! So pleased to hear you liked our Proud Sow pop up :blush::pray: Think we’re back there in June so come again! @AllInnOne is a great pub :thumbsup: Look forward to feeding you.

Foresthillnick
16 May '17

I was in the All Inn One on Friday and had a great meal - thanks!

The sate and sweetcorn fritters were great starters and the Acar made a great side dish - I love me some pickles…
The Rendang was lovely and rich and we were stuffed by the time we wandered back down to Cranston Road.

I cannot praise @AllInnOne enough. The pop kitchens have all been great and the current Thai one is calling my name for Thursday - but more than that I don’t think I have ever felt so welcome in a London pub. I don’t know how they even know my name, let alone remember it, but Julia does and makes you feel like you belong in there. She also knows that my wife likes a gin and tonic and has turned her on to a lovely Welsh variety. I have no idea why I spent years walking past the place and not going in…

Londondrz
16 May '17

Julia is a treasure as are all there. A really welcoming pub.

mayakakilima
16 May '17

Thanks so much for the feedback @Foresthillnick, that’s lovely to hear! Really pleased you enjoyed it.

Really like @AllInnOne and have been made so welcome here - we will most definitely be back as customers once our residency is up!

(Thoroughly recommend Tem Ban Thai as well if you make it back in on Thursday - their food is great)

anon51837532
20 May '17

Along with a handful of friends a table was booked and we visited on Friday evening.

We elected to do things on a taster basis and everyone tried everything - with the exception of the vegetarian option from the Large Dish section.

An exceptionally good choice - food was excellent and some very subtle delights were encountered. Timing of delivery of dishes was superb.

Congrats to everyone involved in the menu offer.

We are regulars in AIO - and the staff are always good - last night however we were cared for particularly well - thank you to them too.

Trying to encourage Julia to put a global map up somewhere and let us track from where in the world we have enjoyed our pop-up’s…

mayakakilima
20 May '17

Thank you so much for your kind comments @anon51837532 - we’re so thrilled you enjoyed it. A map is a great idea!

Michael
27 May '17

Lovely meal this evening. Indonesian food is great and so are cocktails at The Hill afterwards!

mayakakilima
30 May '17

Thanks @Michael, glad you enjoyed it! Fab last weekend @AllInnOne :+1:

FaeryCatmother
2 Jun '17

Selamat sore! I am so sorry to have missed this. When will you be back?

mayakakilima
6 Jun '17

Selamat Malam @FaeryCatmother! Sorry for the delay in responding. We don’t have anything confirmed yet, but hopefully sometime soon! If you keep an eye on this thread or follow us on social media @ KakiLimaLondon we’ll make sure to keep you posted :slight_smile::+1: