Archived on 6/5/2022

Info on local digital inclusion services

anon22025233
10 May '17

I’m writing some case studies for a charity on Digital Inclusion - that’s helping people who don’t have them gain digital skills so they can function on our increasingly digital world (connect socially, online bank, Skype relatives, apply for jobs, etc).

I was wondering if anyone local works in this field, or indeed if our very own community library has any initiatives around this. This would be for people who would want their work, and their insight on the topic, used as an example for others.

Foresthillnick
10 May '17

I know that @Simon @Michael and @Pauline all do work at the library with computers and are probably engaged with this sort of thing. Also Sydenham library and Eco Computer Systems work together on this sort of thing…

Pauline
10 May '17

There is plans to do this at the library, though I take nothing to do with anything IT related so the others will know more about this than me :slight_smile:

Simon
10 May '17

There was a meeting today in Catford about Digital Inclusion. I was unable to attend but someone else has gone in my stead and will be reporting back to me on Friday morning.

New sessions at Forest Hill for senior citizens should start by the end of the month I hope.

anon22025233
10 May '17

Oh that’s great. Libraries and local authorities play such a critical role. Well if any of your contacts are interested I could base the case study around their motivations and setting up. Let me know anyway. It would be a bit of promo for their work, which is my aim. :slight_smile:

Brett
10 May '17

You might like to contact EPSP about this. They run classes for older people at the Ackroyd centre and that includes a computer course.
http://ackroydcentre.org.uk/?page_id=4

anon22025233
10 May '17

Thanks. Will take a look.