Archived on 6/5/2022

“Injured Cyclist” Beggar

anon5422159
21 Jun '18

He’s outside the station right now:

Two people gave him cash in the two minutes I was there.

As someone mentioned on the East Dulwich Forum, he should at least be paying tax!

Daffodil
21 Jun '18

I’ve been approached by him too, asking for money for his Oyster card to get home. I didn’t give him anything as it didn’t seem genuine.

AliCatford
21 Jun '18

There was a guy outside Honor Oak Park station doing similar (not with a bike though). A couple of people recognised him from other times and he sloped off down the road.

applespider
21 Jun '18

I saw him tonight and called him out as he’d asked me before. He told me that was his bad twin brother. So I said they are obviously both unlucky with bikes and left him to it.

GillB
22 Jun '18

Well at least people are getting cute to him, so his luck will run out soon :grimacing:

Edd
22 Jun '18

He tried it with me at about 6 o’clock as I was waiting for a bus on Lordship lane. Then saw him again walking up by the Horniman- he must be a fast cyclist, injury notwithstanding!

Foresthillnick
25 Jun '18

Ah - this was the guy who tried it with me outside the all inn one. He was having a pint about three mins after he asked me…

Ryan
25 Jun '18

I saw him a couple of weeks ago as I was driving along Stanstead rd. 2 people refused to give him anything then I saw him pull out a can of K cider from his bag, probably not a bad painkiller for his “injury” :rofl:

NorthernMatt
1 Jul '18

He stopped me outside Superdrug just after midday today.

GillB
2 Jul '18

So has he ever been issued with a persistent beggar notice or not?