Is anyone on here a tenant or leaseholder with Hexagon Housing Association and experiencing major issues with maintenance?

Hello. I bought my flat in Forest Hill 18 months ago and Hexagon Housing Association are the freeholder and own all three flats in my block.

Since living here I have experienced endless problems with their lack of standard maintenance to the building and communal areas and my neighbors who are tenants, have said that they have experienced the same since living here for many years. It has got to the point where some communal areas are becoming safety hazards because they have not been maintained properly.

They never respond to emails even when going through the complaints procedure and are ultimately in breach of the lease. I plan to escalate this but it would be good to know if anyone on here also has Hexagon as their freeholder/landlord. Certainly from the reviews online I know I’m not alone and I think something should be done, especially as they are a registered charity!!

Thanks

We almost bought through Hexagon in Peckham, only for them to tell us they need to do remedial work on the balcony… 1 week before contract exchange…

Subsequently have pulled out of the purchase… and looked at another housing development with a more reputable HA.

Reading what you are experiencing, I can only hope that they sort themselves out and your place gets sorted. Maybe go there in person as they are only on Sydenham high street?

1 Like

I live next door to one in a conservation area. They don’t seem to think the rules apply to them when doing work and never respond to questions (like why did you knock my fence to do illegal maintenance?)

Yeah, they certainly follow their own rules. They are a registered charity and amongst other things I’m considering reporting them to the charity commission for breaching a number of things, including taking a service charge from me and not maintaining the property as set out in my lease and on their website.

I think it would be a wasted trip. Unfortunately I am going to have to pursue other options and possibly legal action. They don’t respond to any communications and as a landlord are in breach of my lease on various clauses. You’d think as a Housing Association they’d be a responsible landlord but absolutely not.

I’m not a tenant but I did email them twice about issues with their tenants parking on the pavements to the front of Malibu Court when they have their own - usually completely empty - private car park to the rear. I heard nothing back from Hexagon beyond auto generated receipts to my emails. Our ward councillors Sophie and Leo are going to try to get a response on that matter. Maybe you could ask them to try to get Hexagon to respond to your issue too? Worth a try? Hopefully they’ll have more clout than we have.

2 Likes

Thank you - good shout and getting in touch with Lewisham Council to report was also part of my plan. I’m hoping that there is a large enough volume of complaints regarding to Hexagon that something is done because something needs to happen. All of the google reviews say the same. They don’t care!