Archived on 6/5/2022

Jenner practice

daz
14 Dec '21

Since Covid started I have only had consultations on the telephone. I am informed on which day I will be rung and whether it will be AM or PM. This can mean putting life on hold waiting till the call happens.
Before my most recent consultation I went on Patient Access for the first time out of curiosity and found there an appointed time for my call and also for all my previous appointments. I was then rung at the appointed time.
Very useful information!
When I asked the doctor why this cannot be shared I was told it was not because the times cannot be guaranteed .I sent a message to the practice three weeks ago about this. I was told someone would ring. No one has.
What are other peoples experiences? Are people aware that this information is available on Patient Access?
Maybe I am unlucky and most people do get informed of the time.

GillB
14 Dec '21

I’m not with the Jenner. I with the Forest Hill road practise. Whenever I have rung, if I’m making a telephone consultation then a time & day is given.
If I’m ringing for an on the day telephone call (God forbid a GP would see me) I’m just told a GP will ring me later on in the morning. But it has always been like that.
What makes me laugh is that I am asked to book a telephone consultation, then a GP rings & asks me what I want!
My GP surgery doesn’t make appointments on line even though I was encouraged to download patient access…

ET6123
15 Dec '21

I’m with Jenner and have found them excellent throughout the pandemic. Very jock telephone appointment and in person follow ups when needed.

daz
15 Dec '21

I am glad you are pleased with the Jenner Practice.
When you are given a telephone appointment are you given a time? If not is it the case that it is not a problem for you?

Evelyn
15 Dec '21

I have never been given a time so this is really helpful thank you!

Suze
15 Dec '21

I went online and then got a text the next day referring me to Push Doctor to book video consultation at a time of my choice. I’ve not been given that option before, but it will be easier to manage around work, it’s always a bit of a challenge to just drop everything when the phone goes.

Suze
15 Dec '21

From Jenner

GillB
15 Dec '21

Yes I remember the same thing when I was working.
We can’t make on line appointments with our GP surgery for some reason.

maxrocks
15 Dec '21

I have this problem-Its very hard for me to speak on my mobile to the doctor whilst at work.

Suze
15 Dec '21

It seems as Jenner is registered with Push Doctor that patients can download the app and book video consultations - you get to chose the time for them.

Clair
15 Dec '21

I had a push doctor appointment for my son.
However I could only book it with my details. Although I stated it was for my son.
So when the appointment came up. The push doctor could not do anything about it. She told me to log out and then back in so she could get his details up. However as soon as I logged out. I could not longer get access via the link that had been sent for the said appointment. It was ridiculous! I ended up phoning Jenner and luckily they ended up dealing with it. The same day.

Evelyn
11 Jan '22

The Jenner has removed the ability to book an e consultation via their website. I emailed asking them where it’s gone and they said it has been removed until further notice due to staff absence. They say they are only doing same day triage phone appointments, not clear on how they can be booked though…

Suze
11 Jan '22

I think just ring up, talk to reception and they’ll put you on a list for a GP to call you back… That’s what I did last week . Although you do need to be available to just wait for a call…

GillB
12 Jan '22

At my daughters surgery in Putney, she can walk down there & get an appointment, especially if it is for her baby. But she did hear the receptionist say that they were going to have to go back to telephone appointments as they had had Covid again at the surgery.
But even if she makes a telephone appointment, they give her a time when they will ring. Not say between 11.30-1pm.
She must have the best practice in town! :rofl: