Archived on 6/5/2022

JetPatching Road repairs

anon30031319
2 May '18

Used around the world, and now by a few UK councils, could this be the solution to some of the road issues in London, especially some of the roads and apparent cycle paths around here?

https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/highways_and_roads/highway-services/road-condition-and-repairs/jet-patching.aspx

Londondrz
2 May '18

Used in Norfolk and works very well. Speedy and the patches locally last ages even with large farming machinery going over them every day. Last far longer than traditional repairs.

anon30031319
2 May '18

Sounds like it’s a viable solution for sure then. If I can stand up to those behemoths, then there shouldn’t be to much trouble here.

Wonder why they are not using them, and instead choose to keep throwing cold lay tarmac at the problem.
I have seen a couple of examples in the past where they have lay thin surface over the top, such as Lennard Rd, which worked well at stopping it falling apart any further.

We can dream eh. Well, us Londoners can, ya lucky begger!

bigmacca1
2 May '18

Watched a fella from Lewishams contractor , Conways i think on the truck ?
Throwing cold lay tarmac in to low parts and where kerb stones had moved on Trilby Rd, Throw it in and give it a smack with the back of the shovel?? Waste of time not even Tampered down, will probably need doing again before the months out . Why cant they do it once and properly ??

anon30031319
2 May '18

Spot on. Filling potholes is a full time job by all accounts, so why not go them properly indeed.

Sure it costs more money, but then how much does it cost to do the same one, badly, 6 times.

When there are solutions like this out there, even if it was owned by a contractor and not the borough.

With so much momentum behind getting people onto bikes and out of cars, it all just falls on deaf ears if you lose your fillings driving on the roads, let alone riding on them.