Jolly Bee/Station Fish & Chips

Down with the Jolly Bee fish & chip shop signage. New management & new signage.
Station Fish & Chips now the new chippie on the block.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried fish and chips from this place since it changed hands? Much as I liked the previous owners, I think they used frozen fish, but since the switchover I noticed a sign in the window saying they’re not serving on Mondays any more, as the fishmonger is closed that day - which seems to indicate they may have switched to fresh fish.

5 Likes

I’ve not tried it yet, but it looks smart:

Dropped by there last night as I couldn’t face the enormous queue outside Brockleys Rock.

Our “large cod & chips twice” was prepared and cooked in front of me - no tired-looking piece out of a heater cabinet! Portions were extremely generous, prices were reasonable, and the food tasted very good.

Certainly would go back for more.

10 Likes

Customer: “Large cod and chips twice.”
Chippy: “I heard you the first time!”

I’ll get my coat…

3 Likes

Had our first fish and chip takeaway from the Jolly Bee tonight since it came under new management. We enjoyed beautifully battered cod and tasty chips- both in very generous servings.

4 Likes

Back again tonight. Still loving it!

2 Likes

I see they’ve changed their name back to Jolly Bee!

2 Likes

I think I had better get down there !

I visited last week and I’m pretty sure it was the same guys that have always been there rather than the “New Management” And the food was great.

1 Like

I messaged the guy that used to own it on Facebook, and he said that he had bought it back from the people he sold it to, as they were struggling to manage the place.

2 Likes

They should put up a sign ‘under old management’!

16 Likes

It’s always been the same people, their standards dropped and they moved the goalpost.
Same people and not that great either

They struggled to manage the plaice.

8 Likes

Stop carping on about it.

7 Likes

Oh cod. Here we go again with more fish bassed puns. Can’t we try and do batter than that?

9 Likes

Unfortunately when you take on a new business it can flounder and you might feel like a fish out of water.

7 Likes

What a load of pollocks. This is going to get a-trout-cious real quick!

7 Likes

I guess this was inevitable. I don’t mind a fish-based pun run but I’d prefer it to happen out of my herring.

9 Likes

For heaven’s hake make it stop

8 Likes