Archived on 6/5/2022

Keep up to date with the local police

anon64893700
20 May '16

Just thought it would be worth mentioning here that information on the goings on locally, from increases / decreases in crime, to helpful workshops and social gatherings with the local Safer Neighbourhood Team. These can be kept up to date with by following them on Twitter.
For any Twitter users, it is well worth following the account to ensure you are made aware ASAP regarding and threats or local issues.

https://twitter.com/MPSForestHill

UPDATED

Just updating the main post to share this info page from the police which shows how the borough is divided up between the teams, as I know this was questioned.

http://content.met.police.uk/Page/AllServicesSearchResult?q=se23&Search+this+site=Find

Brett
22 May '16

Agreed worth mentioning but this is more complex in Honor Oak where there are 3 different SNT that could be ‘local’ due to ward boundaries.

anon64893700
22 May '16

Worth asking the local police if they are on Twitter yet and listing their accounts too then.
Sorry, I was being a bit inconsiderate just posting the one.

Brett
22 May '16

Not at all! I don’t think they are all on Twitter but haven’t checked recently. Was really posting for info.

anon5422159
22 May '16

Let’s encourage them to get onto to SE23.life! :wink:

anon64893700
22 May '16

@mpsbrockleysgt might cover some of the patch.

Brett
23 May '16

No, that is Brockley:
http://content.met.police.uk/Team/Lewisham/Brockley

Thanks anyway.

anon64893700
23 May '16

Just making enquiries with @mpslewisham now :slight_smile:

Brett
23 May '16

Yes that would be the case, thanks. There is Peckham Rye also. We are close to the intersection of all three!

anon64893700
3 Jun '16

Hi again Brett, here is the official split of SE23 between the SNT’s Not sure all have Twitter accounts but worth a check.

http://content.met.police.uk/Page/AllServicesSearchResult?q=se23&Search+this+site=Find

Michael
7 Jul '16

On Tuesday (12th July) I will be attending the Forest Hill Safer Neighbourhoods Team Ward Panel (consisting of police, councillors, residents associations, and civic Societies in Forest Hill ward). If anybody has any issues that they would like discussed please let me know. Ideally these issues should be specific to Forest Hill ward, but the police teams do cooperate.

Two specific issues mentioned at the Forest Hill Society Executive meeting this week were crimes involving motorbikes (theft of and bike-jacking), and anti-social behaviour from quad bikes.

Please let me know if there are other issues you feel Forest Hill police should be prioritising.

Londondrz
7 Jul '16

Hi Michael, possibly speeding as per one of the topics from yesterday and the crashed car.

anon5422159
7 Jul '16

The scooter gangs and speeding would be my concern too. There’s some awful behaviour on the roads of SE23 and it needs to be tackled.

20mph limits won’t help IMO. They’ll make road governance ineffective, and the police will spend all their time prosecuting reasonable drivers doing 25mph so they’ll have less time to deal with the real bad guys doing 40mph (and of course a 20mph limit won’t affect the behaviour of the real bad guys - it will just put them further at odds with other road users).

What we need are people out on the streets, observing bad behaviour and empowered to report it: Community Road Watch. And posting pics and videos to the forum maybe too :wink:

Pauline
9 Jul '16

Cheers Michael for this, I think the “Community Speed Check” thread needs to be brought up, happy to do a list of Roads & send it to you & Mick beforehand if it helps.

I can’t make it as we both have back to back meetings next week 3 nights in a trot & I can only do two so am prioritising, haha big word for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

See you at Mayor & Cabinet meeting on Wednesday (if anyone else wants to attend this it is an open meeting at 6pm at the Civic Centre in Catford where Mayor & cabinet will be told our community library bid is the preferred bid for FH library).& our community library meeting on Thursday :+1:

anon17648011
10 Jul '16

Just to reiterate that my experience is that the majority of anti social behaviour on bikes is scooters (rather than quad bikes) and I understand (anecdotally rather than through personal experience) that this is part of a cycle of behaviour in which scooters are first stolen and then driven dangerously. So it’s both the theft and the driving. Thanks

starman
10 Jul '16

I’m not sure if it’s the right forum, but the fly tipping at the corner of Sunderland Road and the SC is chronic. What can the community do to discourage this? How an authorities help?

anon5422159
10 Jul '16

This looks to be a serious ongoing problem - there have been reports of this tracked in this topic: