Archived on 6/5/2022

Kirkdale pub The Windmill finally sold?

weepy
20 Dec '16

Found this : http://www.eatongreen.com/sales-property/former-public-house-for-sale-1866.htm

Kirkdale, Sydenham, London, SE26
Mid terrace large former public house, currently arranged over the ground and first floors. There is also a small rear terrace area, leading down onto the service road accessed off Willow Way. Premium Required on a new letting only.

SALE AGREED.

It’s been a bit of a blight on the streetscape for a while now. Hear’s hoping it will finally become something decent!

Londondrz
20 Dec '16

Interesting. I love the effort that was put into the sales brochure.

weepy
20 Dec '16

You should see the place… it looks worse…

Foresthillnick
21 Dec '16

Will it be a pub though or converted into flats like many others?

weepy
21 Dec '16

i cant imagine it becoming a pub since the last failed so.

RachaelDunlop
22 Dec '16

If I remember correctly, the Windmill was declared as Asset of Community Value after a campaign to keep it as a pub. Mainly, I think, because it has good disabled access and good space for community events. This may be why it’s been empty for so long, as I think the ACV places some restrictions on future use. There are several threads on the Sydenham forum on the subject, mostly quite angry about the ACV.

weepy
28 Dec '16

Yeah pretty lame that it’s an ACV since that clearly is not the case ! I never saw the pub having moved here 2016. It doesn’t look like a very nice place at all. I gather that the campaigners liked the idea of a local pub (that’s not the Fox) more than they actually wanted to go there ?

davidp
22 Feb '17

If you’re interested in the proposal go to here http://planning.lewisham.gov.uk/online-applications/search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application and search reference: DC/16/099356 - in the related documents the design proposal near the bottom shows the flats and pub they’re applying for planning permission on. Definitely a big improvement even if the architecture isn’t for all!

weepy
22 Feb '17

[image: Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.07.02.png]