Lazy Chef Bar & Kitchen

anon5422159
26 Jan '18

wineisallforme
26 Jan '18

Oh great

anon22025233
26 Jan '18

We’re definitely lacking a good kebab (I hope it is good), although I’m sad to say goodbye to Aroma. I’d prefer my chefs not to be lazy though.

DickWynne
26 Jan '18

Nor my moles clumsy — though what’s the worst that can happen?

RobA
26 Jan '18

Of course, Aroma was a kebab shop before it was Aroma (which, unless time is completely running away with me) was only there for about 4 years.

Adz
26 Jan '18

I’ll take a mixed donner, all the salad, mint sauce and a bit of chilli sauce please.

Portion of chips on the side.

Tin of Lilt.

wineisallforme
26 Jan '18

Chips on naan bread, cheese and hot beans with some red sauce

wineisallforme
3 Feb '18

inside the Lazy Chef. Not long now

Audrey_Finch
3 Feb '18

Pretty damn swish

Pea
3 Feb '18

Looks really nice. Any idea what food it’ll serve?

starman
10 Feb '18

Has this opened? We were planning a late breakfast there on Friday 9th and it was not open. The opening on February 5th sign is gone too.

wineisallforme
15 Feb '18

Menus for The Lazy Chef. Looking forward to trying these. When I went in the folks working there were very nice. Just popped in to take these snaps and they were happy for me to have a look round

Audrey_Finch
15 Feb '18

Ooo hope ‘London Toast’ becomes a thing. Nice to have some shish in the area too.

anon10646030
15 Feb '18

So the big question is when do they open or did I miss that?

wineisallforme
16 Feb '18

They’re Open!

Audrey_Finch
16 Feb '18

No the cheapest but pretty faultless breakfast in my opinion. Something between C&C and BB. Although my heart will always be with BB.

robbie1
19 Feb '18

Popped into the new Lazy Chef bar & kitchen on Saturday and had great meal. It was like being on holiday with beautiful Greek food and cocktails that should have been served by the side of a pool. It’s just opened and it’s right next to train station I’d highly recommend popping in. Will definitely be going back next weekend to try the breakfast food.

DickWynne
19 Feb '18

Agreed, my daughter and I had a late breakfast there Saturday, lovely food, ambience and staff.

Chipcity
24 Feb '18

We have been for our first meal since it opened and I agree that it has a nice ambience. The service is very attentive and genuine and the food is fresh with a good selection and reasonably priced and overall a great addition to FH.

anon5422159
17 Mar '18

Nipped in here to thaw with a coffee this morning, and was impressed with the menu, the light, spacious feel and the attentive service.

Also, the coffee is nicely made and presented:

Courtsider
17 Mar '18

My wife and I had lunch in the Lazy Chef for the first time today, as Chris said, attentive and friendly service, like what they have done with the place and food was very good. A great addition.

starman
31 Mar '18

My first visit. Good coffee with a second offered on the house. Ordered the full English.

I failed.

burp

ETA staff were really lovely.

Adz
31 Mar '18

Decent looking plate here, how were the bangers?

jonfrewin
5 Jun '18

I am mystified by the opening hours at the Lazy Chef. We really enjoyed our two visits there. But it seems to open at strange times. It’s 7:30pm on a Tuesday and the place has been shut for the last hour. Yet maybe it is about to open as the shutters just half-opened. More often than not it seems to be closed when I pass by these days though. Can anyone shed any light?

Fran_487
8 Jun '18

Yeah we wanted to try this place one evening as early reviews were so favourable, but with hours like this (which must be based on licensing?) it’s impossible. I could vaguely understand no evening trade on some weekdays but I can’t think of any decent reason why a restaurant would close so early. Even Canvas and Cream opens til seven at weekends.

RobA
8 Jun '18

Perhaps that’s why it’s the ‘lazy’ chef?

topofthehill
19 Jul '19

Very nice lunch at the Lazy Chef earlier this week. Comfortable, airy, restaurant with level access.
Friendly, helpful staff, good food at reasonable prices.